• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Original G-1 jackets for good prices UK & EU LOOK

Pilot

Would hit the pickle, but I am no fan of this kind of liner .. The jacket looks extremely well preserved and with a well made knits refurbishing, it will be a Gem!

Spitfireace

The guy doesn't seem to know the difference between a 1965 jacket and a 1977 jacket as he lists them at the same price. The 65 Ralph Edwards, he could get twice as much for it easily. Same jacket as I have.

tempusfugit

I got a 1968 Star Sportswear in size 44 and it has a very nice fit.
Good to hear. I have a 44 Ralph Edwards B-series which fits very nicely, and a 46 Brill Bros D-series which also fits nicely with room for layering. Based on the measurements provided this should fit like the RE. No idea how much putting in new knits will cost me here though, bit of a wild card purchase in that sense.

Last edited:

tempusfugit

The jacket arrived. Great fit, as expected! The mouton has seen better days with a few bald spots here and there, but nothing too bad. Somewhat matted. There are some small paint splatters on the jacket, and what looks like a small patch of sunscreen. The knits are pretty horrible, as expected. They seem to have been replaced with some care though, mostly using the old thread holes. The jacket seems to have spent some time in storage, with a strange case of the zipper track imprinted faintly on the pocket (hard to photograph it).

I don't want to have those paint splatters, but I'm unsure how I would remove them. I know acetone etc will take them out, but they also take everything else away too. Any ideas?

Attachments

• IMG_4990.jpeg
    IMG_4990.jpeg
    12.9 MB · Views: 214
  • IMG_4991.jpeg
    IMG_4991.jpeg
    14.5 MB · Views: 361
  • IMG_4989.jpeg
    IMG_4989.jpeg
    13.4 MB · Views: 206

Brettafett

Where in the world are you based?
If in the UK, I know a guy who can (likely) do wonders with this jacket.

Members online

Latest posts