• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Opinion about an ELC 23373 second hand

LV426

Hello , I just bought an ELC 23373 second hand from Ebay seller . Original price was 1800 $ , I made an offer at 900$ wich was accepted . I'd like to have your opinion about the price I putted in .
There was several things that made me buy this one in particuliar : I own an ELC "Air master" havana brown , new from T.bird shop in Paris and wanted an ELC seal brown .
Living in France the brexit killed the market to get "the" one from ELC GB : buying a new 23373 from ELC would be 1700euros !!!! . So : Ebay second hand , but the prices are fearly hight these times and the majority sellers are from US , so not cheap solution either . I'm a 44 sized guy , even more difficult to find ( majority of 38 to 42 or 46 ) . I found this one in Ukrain , so the shipping price is really cheap ( + Fr and Ukrain have agreements on importation) , that makes the total at 1000euros . The jacket has nametag '" Terry Manning" ( hope is still alive ?! ) . Well , It can be removed and switched easily by a leather craftsman friend of mine . A little hole in the wool knit cuff , no pb to fix it .. The leather and liner seems in very good condiditon , the Talon zipper show that it's an old model (??) . I read in other thread here ( 23373 from 2016 I believe ) that it was Talon at a time and Crown zipper now ...(?) . SO , gentlemen , what your thoughts knowing all this and seeing the pictures ? Thanks for advices and opinions , whoever they are.
BTW , I found this beatiful CATCH 22 ELC A on Ebay , I would have bought it but I wanted a seal brown : https://www.ebay.com/itm/305827451630?_skw=catch+22+eastman+leather+jacket&itmmeta=01JABG5HF1V8ZVZK06DBKCB7YM&hash=item4734bc92ee:g:B50AAOSwkKJmzkBr&itmprp=enc:AQAJAAABAHoV3kP08IDx+KZ9MfhVJKlvy34EDTYKb/OHh/IqTDwT23hJz8Gs8JyBKaaee/SgAPPVLvGdKLRoQek/OBjxTxixZhRvQs+Bb+UuYksBtSLJ/WINqG3Euo2pgLrhzmrz/8Yf1nF1Z+hhEz7WD7tTqIW3ZUA5qTO/LlbcW2uEkisNleLtfj3M/3JgrFPLX9QDFxKVOrtXAyLIT2ZyV86qxorCca0PtuGierVm2NtAI0xyrJJlABCPWz+xStwhnv51UN5uGyQkR/ljDHoEBKp+BfYzk8boirOgpbJa9B/1nkQ3Kff9KqHJWRV+90S49xRVNfQjeDqajQ3chp33S/S5HJk=|tkp:Bk9SR8yXlvDSZA

Capture d’écran 2024-10-16 222849.png
Capture d’écran 2024-10-16 222952.png
Capture d’écran 2024-10-16 223139.png
Capture d’écran 2024-10-16 223007.png
Capture d’écran 2024-10-16 223022.png
Capture d’écran 2024-10-16 223053.png
Capture d’écran 2024-10-16 223206.png

Last edited:

B-Man2

Well…. The first suggestion that I can offer you is …. Ask us about whether the price is fair BEFORE…. You buy it;).
Having said that … let me offer an opinion .
The jacket looks to be in nice shape however. I would not have paid $900.00 for an ElC with a name tag or the holes that come with it . Also if the jacket was made in 2016 as you mentioned , that jacket would have sold for about $1200 new… not $1800 as the seller listed . Therefore, while it’s in nice condition this jacket probably is a little over priced at $900. $700-$750… would have been closer to what is a more reasonable price .
But … put that information away until next time and now that the deal is over .. wear and enjoy your new Jacket .

LV426

I agree 200% with you : I should have ask before buying , 900 is a beat over priced , I could have wait a little more , but as I said before there was some aspect I could not ignore : size 44 is quite rare , US and /or GB shipping and taxes / TVA makes the puchase even more expensive . If I had bought this from US the 700 would have been in the end near to 900/950 . But I must agree , I was in a hurry ! :p And I'm a bad negociator . Any way , like you said , time to enjoy the new jacket and keep learning from the "vets" ;) . I have still in mind the RW from Good Wear I want , whatever the price . Thanks B Man

B-Man2

I agree 200% with you : I should have ask before buying , 900 is a beat over priced , I could have wait a little more , but as I said before there was some aspect I could not ignore : size 44 is quite rare , US and /or GB shipping and taxes / TVA makes the puchase even more expensive . If I had bought this from US the 700 would have been in the end near to 900/950 . But I must agree , I was in a hurry ! :p And I'm a bad negociator . Any way , like you said , time to enjoy the new jacket and keep learning from the "vets" ;) . I have still in mind the RW from Good Wear I want , whatever the price . Thanks B Man
Thanks for your kind response .

flyincowboy

Since the broadcast of the series Mota, I have noticed that prices for ELC jackets have increased second and new ones. Especially when you are looking for a model A2 B3 B6 or B10 It is certainly fashionable to have a beautiful reproduction of these famous jackets but seriously is it really worth the price asked?

LV426

Since the broadcast of the series Mota, I have noticed that prices for ELC jackets have increased second and new ones. Especially when you are looking for a model A2 B3 B6 or B10 It is certainly fashionable to have a beautiful reproduction of these famous jackets but seriously is it really worth the price asked?
Certainly not , unfortunately it's a fact .