• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

newest addition to my collection...I have questions...

B-Man2

oh and another thing I will consider in the future.... if all your well fitting repros and the one original you own are a certain size, dont go down a size for another jacket of the same type ;)
Phil
I know this really isn’t the time to offer suggestions but there are a lot of Mint G-1 jackets floating around the US for obvious reasons.
I realize that the import fees are high in your country however, it only takes one bad deal like this, to make a person realize that you don’t always save money by avoiding the importation tax fees.
I’ve also mentioned in the past that buying these jackets from photos can be a difficult process because you never know the hidden costs that might follow if the jacket needs to be restored or repaired. Buying them off guys on this forum really is the way to go .
Just trying to help .

Griffon_301

Burt, I couldn't agree more!
but, as it seems I have come to a good agreement with the original seller that's ok for both of us.
I have learned a few things though as said already and will also keep in mind what you have said.
in this case, I was not really on the lookout for another G-1 but when I saw it, the occasion looked quite good and I put eagerness before reason, not the smartest thing to do-lesson learned.