• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Monarch G-1 For Sale…. But ….

B-Man2

For the new guys …
I’ve often said that buying a jacket from eBay photos is like stepping into a deep dark puddle of water. You don’t know how deep the puddle is until you’re standing in the middle of it.
If anyone is interested in this Monarch G-1 you might just be about to step into a deep puddle.
The jacket looks ok from the photos but in reality it’s going to need a some costly restoration work .
The collar looks like it may have some dry rot and in need of replacement. The zipper definitely needs to be replaced with a period zipper. The knits on the cuffs look liked they’re replacements and were poorly sewn in with multiple rows of stitching. The waist knits need repair . The elastic vent straps are worn and are not retracting the back pleats . Unless you’re capable of doing this of work the labor will be costly as well as the materials to do the repairs. So I’d say this puddle is pretty deep. Just trying to help out the new guys and pass on some information that others have passed on to me.
Cheers
IMG_4511.png
IMG_4510.png
IMG_4506.jpeg
IMG_4507.jpeg
IMG_4508.jpeg
IMG_4511.jpeg
IMG_4509.jpeg

Last edited: