• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Kwikzip or Conmar Zippers?

Jennison

Does anyone know where I can find either a 22" or larger Kwikzip (preferable) or M-1941 Conmar zipper for a a Cable Raincoat A-2? I'm aware that Eastman makes a repro Kwikzip, but they won't sell them without a jacket attached. MASH has the M-41 Conmar, but in the wrong length and tape color.

B-Man2

Check out this archive thread for possible sellers of zips on EBay .

Skyhawk

Unobtainable in the Repro format right now. You can find an original one possibly for big $.

Your only way at the moment with Conmar bells is to find an NOS puller, and find a #5 zipper tape that it will work with. Most #5 ones will work.

Unless you want to go the Waldes route with the Waldes marked pullers.

B-Man2

I don’t know if this would work for you but…. I’ve heard a number of times where VLJ members have purchased old torn up flight suits with Talon zippers and used the legs zips to replace jacket zippers. I don’t know much about doing that but maybe someone else can offer some guidance on this .

Dany McDonald

What I do is buy a white Conmar from ebay, late 40's early 50's, dye the tape and slap the slider of your choice. For early-Mid Nylon kits I scavenge the sliders, parts from a old Albert Turner fly suit.

But I think you could get away with this MASH M-41, just dye the tape, cut and replace: https://www.mash-japan.co.jp/oversea/cgi-bin/prd-eng.cgi?itemno=95-03-4230&ck=

By the way it is an original Cable?

Cheers,

D

Skyhawk

A cheaper way with repro tapes. No Conmar on the box, but it is the same type of box:
IMG_20240415_082702066_HDR.jpg

Silver Surfer

kwik zipper, ha, they are rarer than rocking horse shit. I have one complete solid kwik, that is in a vault guard by two orangs, 24-7. the early 1941 conmar has conmar stamped on the stopper box, as I remember, and they do show up on greedbay from time to time. I remember a guy on greedbay from the uk that was [is?] selling repro conmars. his pullers are crappy, so you would have to find a correct period puller. give me a shout if ya can't find a puller. a certain pack rat that I know have have a spare.

Members online

Latest posts