• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Issued A-2 velcro pile removal

Pilot

My Deepsea was my only watch who survived three deployments.. surviving : Vibrations, magnetic fields from the radios, sand, fine dust, heat , cold.. ( during R&R :Spa, Sauna, Sea water ).. Never took it off..
My Seiko‘s were the very first tits up! the ( issued ) G-Shocks performed much better.

Banzai

My Deepsea was my only watch who survived three deployments.. surviving : Vibrations, magnetic fields from the radios, sand, fine dust, heat , cold.. ( during R&R :Spa, Sauna, Sea water ).. Never took it off..
My Seiko‘s were the very first tits up! the ( issued ) G-Shocks performed much better.
You can’t beat the issued G-shock for dependability. But it certainly ain’t pretty.

Pilot

Expendables…
IMG_2476.jpeg

Banzai

Thanks for the words. I won't mess with it.

Maybe in 20 years, if I get fat in my old age, it will actually "fit"!

Seriously though, I wish I would have/could have gotten one a size smaller. The supply guy just referenced my flight suit size and chest measurement on a table, and came up with this. He told me to try it on, and had me do the cross-your-arms move and a few other things, told me it looked good, and away I went. As a young 20-something, it seemed fine with me. And, like I said, he even tried to talk me into sizing up, to ensure it would last my entire career and to make sure I had "enough" room. I have a 39" chest, and he was VERY concerned about my "squeezing" into a 38 jacket. This thing still has a balloon-ish mall fit. Whoever wrote the sizing tables definitely prefers a...generous...cut.

B-Man2

Thanks for the words. I won't mess with it.

Maybe in 20 years, if I get fat in my old age, it will actually "fit"!

Seriously though, I wish I would have/could have gotten one a size smaller. The supply guy just referenced my flight suit size and chest measurement on a table, and came up with this. He told me to try it on, and had me do the cross-your-arms move and a few other things, told me it looked good, and away I went. As a young 20-something, it seemed fine with me. And, like I said, he even tried to talk me into sizing up, to ensure it would last my entire career and to make sure I had "enough" room. I have a 39" chest, and he was VERY concerned about my "squeezing" into a 38 jacket. This thing still has a balloon-ish mall fit. Whoever wrote the sizing tables definitely prefers a...generous...cut.
I don’t know how old you are but in years to come , you’ll look back at this supply guy with a little admiration and some thanks …
Trust us !;)