• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is this Carhartt Detroit a fake?

Skyranger

Forget the jackets for a second ……
Let’s just talk about that Royal Enfield for a second. What’s the CCs on that engine ?
350 or 650ccs?
Looks like one of the newer models. made in India . I remember them well as a teenager in the 1960s . A couple of the guys had old British models made in the UK . But that Lucas Electrical system … OMG!!
Worst ever . Had one on my 65 Triumph Bonneville and my 1974 Triump Tr4-A .
Never could tell when it would take a dump ., but thats another story .
It's an Enfield Bullet India Export 350cc, imported in Great-Britain in 1986. And re-imported to France in 1992 :)

ButteMT61

Here's two of my grandkids on my Royal Enfield Classic 350...

1719501571642.jpeg

Shash13

Hi! Could you help with this Detroit? legit?

The seller tells me that he doesn't know if it is fake. Weird... What do you think?

Regards!!

Attachments

• 1718994921 (1).jpeg
    1718994921 (1).jpeg
    163 KB · Views: 26
  • 1718994921 (2).jpeg
    1718994921 (2).jpeg
    186.3 KB · Views: 23
  • 1718994921.jpeg
    1718994921.jpeg
    266 KB · Views: 27
  • 1719135404.jpeg
    1719135404.jpeg
    221.2 KB · Views: 24

ButteMT61

You guys are killing me … I miss riding soo bad .
Burt - I quit for about 5-6 years. Was getting too stupid with texting fools on the road. But I couldn't take it any longer - been riding since I was 10 and had to get back. Bought my son and I both a Classic and love them - no pressure to race as they're only 350's...so glad I did.
I've had to stop for a while since my concussion, but hoping to get back on sooner than later.

B-Man2

Burt - I quit for about 5-6 years. Was getting too stupid with texting fools on the road. But I couldn't take it any longer - been riding since I was 10 and had to get back. Bought my son and I both a Classic and love them - no pressure to race as they're only 350's...so glad I did.
I've had to stop for a while since my concussion, but hoping to get back on sooner than later.
I know exactly how you felt. Riding a bike down a country road was therapeutic for me .
A level of peace and solitude that was hard to find in my daily life. All the stress just bled right off. But as you know… it’s crazy out there, especially if you’re forced to ride an interstate . If I lived out in Wyoming or Montana I would have never given it up.

Enigma1938

The last one is also not like the Detroits I know. The Pocket zipper pull, the duck panel inside the neck area, the position of the label and the fact that it has inner pockets makes this one different to the classic Carhartt Detroit jacket. Made in Nicaragua is also an alarm signal. I dunno if it is a fake or a very late transition model to the current model (which I don't know very good because its a bad jacket) but again, it has nothing to do with the good old Detroits which are so popular.