• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Interest in Discord?

Would you be interested in joining a Discord server for VLJ members

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

mulceber

No, not the antithesis of "harmony." My work has transitioned to using the social platform Discord for internal communications, and it seems like a neat platform with a lot of possibilities. Since it's quite popular with a lot of people in a lot of different fields and hobbies, would there be any interest around here in a flight/leather jacket themed Discord channel? I've never made a server on this app, so this would be a bit of a stab in the dark, but it could be a fun way for us to communicate in new and interesting ways. :) Or it could just peter out into 1 or 2 people checking in once a month.o_O

(And if the answer is a polite but firm "not interested," I won't be offended. It's a bit of a pipe dream.)

mulceber

Check the link in the second sentence of the original post. :) It leads to the Wikipedia article for the app. Basically, it’s a messaging app.

bseal

No, not the antithesis of "harmony." My work has transitioned to using the social platform Discord for internal communications, and it seems like a neat platform with a lot of possibilities. Since it's quite popular with a lot of people in a lot of different fields and hobbies, would there be any interest around here in a flight/leather jacket themed Discord channel? I've never made a server on this app, so this would be a bit of a stab in the dark, but it could be a fun way for us to communicate in new and interesting ways. :) Or it could just peter out into 1 or 2 people checking in once a month.o_O

(And if the answer is a polite but firm "not interested," I won't be offended. It's a bit of a pipe dream.)
Chat rooms?

Fun!