• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hurricane Helene

STEVE S.

Hello everyone! Just wanted to pop in and let everyone know that we survived the storm last week. We were very lucky that it shifted to the east during the night and instead of getting what Asheville and surrounding areas received, we just received about 13” of rain and no electric for a couple of days. Everything about 30 mi east and tthe same distance to the north is totally devastated.

Just a heads up that the mail isn’t running here and all of our mail, even a letter or bill mailed from here in town to my house has to go all the way to Greenville SC for the postmark then back to town here before delivery to me. (government at its finest) Greenville was hit hard, so no telling when the sorting facility will be working. Anyone wanting to send jackets for work would be smart to maybe wait a week or so and check with me before dropping it in the mail. I’m sure it will be a logjam, and don’t want anyone’s stuff getting lost. Any outgoing finished work will be held until I can speak with my guy at the post office and get assurances things are ”normal”.
Other than that, we’re all good and feeling very blessed and fortunate right now.