• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Help! Is this L-2A Real?

Pilot

Shell, studs, liner, arm zip maybe tag look legit.
Knits, front zip, knits are remakes and not as they should be.
A lot of work ahead to make it wearable especially the wear on the cuff area.
As for the costs… front zip blackened Conmar 200 Euro plus labor.
Knits Mash repros 90 Euro plus labor
Material ( butchered from an original N-2A )to recreate the arms 100 Euro plus labor
Shipping, taxes, duties etc unknown
Labor approx 1 day to undoe and redo it all.

As for the actual value of an original all legit L-2a size depending… larger size go up to 2K.
Smaller than L or 42 arround 1K.

My experience.

Last edited:

Shanghai-Mayne

It is a possible flaw on the fabric, as well

IMG_6657.jpeg

Thomas Koehle

640 is way too expensive!

Like some other folks already pointed out you need to consider the expenses for the restoration as well

Take your time - the one i found 6 months ago was significantly less than 600 bucks and it came fully patched in size L

it is kinda trim on me - seems i'd need a XL ...

Yeah maybe not a good comparison coz for the price it was the find of a lifetime but should give some guidance in finding a range of value

V4oPKPX.jpg

7VTiwzq.jpg

uw6JDU7.jpg

3yBsgCO.jpg

Is0fVBN.jpg

j4zlW1c.jpg

W7HSqBR.jpg

Last edited:

Pilot

Like some other folks already pointed out you need to consider the expenses for the restoration as well

Take your time - the one i found 6 months ago was less than 300 bucks and it came fully patched in size L

Yeah maybe not a good comparison coz for the price it was the find of a lifetime but should give some guidance in finding a range of value

V4oPKPX.jpg

7VTiwzq.jpg

uw6JDU7.jpg

3yBsgCO.jpg

Is0fVBN.jpg

j4zlW1c.jpg

W7HSqBR.jpg
Nice jacket Thomas, a L-2 A is much rarer than an L-2B even if patched and very nice

Dany McDonald

Guys, don't compare L-2B's and L-2A's in term of value and rarity. They are two of the same type but different breed in collectables.

You are dealing with a different length of production and numbers made and time frame that puts the L-2A way ahead in term of rarity. And then the L-2, the king of the hill... ;)

I would actually try to deal this one Anorak, but ask for detailed images of the liner and knits, etc first, its salty and can have some surprises here and there. Nylon is very strong but those oldies will often show rips and holes from usage etc. The wrists are problematic from here, but it may be an easy fix too. Maybe ask @Maverickson what he thinks about a full restoration if that is in your plans.

If you buy it, show it!

D

Last edited:

Anorak

Take your time - the one i found 6 months ago was significantly less than 600 bucks and it came fully patched in size L

V4oPKPX.jpg

7VTiwzq.jpg

uw6JDU7.jpg

3yBsgCO.jpg

Is0fVBN.jpg

j4zlW1c.jpg

W7HSqBR.jpg
Amazing find! Thanks for sharing!

Anorak

Guys, don't compare L-2B's and L-2A's in term of value and rarity. They are two of the same type but different breed in collectables.

You are dealing with a different length of production and numbers made and time frame that puts the L-2A way ahead in term of rarity. And then the L-2, the king of the hill... ;)

I would actually try to deal this one Anorak, but ask for detailed images of the liner and knits, etc first, its salty and can have some surprises here and there. Nylon is very strong but those oldies will often show tears and holes from usage etc. The wrists are problematic from here, but it may be an easy fix too. Maybe ask @Maverickson what he thinks about a full restoration if that is in your plans.

If you buy it, show it!

D
Thank you very much!

ButteMT61

Yeah, I found a couple...it's wrinkled from the shipping but I'll also ask him to get some new ones when it's straightened out. I'll post up in a bit.

Pilot