• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Help Identifying Age and Mystery BACK Pockets (additional photos added)

I have a vintage leather jacket from a family member that she believes is from either the 1940s or 50s, leaning towards the 40s. I have looked at over 3000 photos of vintage leather jackets and have not found this particular one due to 2 odd pocket locations. They are flap over pockets
vintage_jacket_back.jpeg
vintage_jacket_front.jpeg
on the back bottom right and left of the coat (shown in photo). If anyone knows the age, style of jacket, the name of this type of pocket or what it is for it would be greatly appreciated!

Odd that it’s got back pockets. The only jackets I’ve ever seen with them are on scandanavian military field jackets of the 40s-50s, like this Swedish one View attachment 153471
It's actually interesting you bring this up, my grandmother gave this jacket to me and her second husband, my step-grandfather, was first generation from Sweden and his extended family is there, now I'm wondering if that could be its origin

Micawber

It's actually interesting you bring this up, my grandmother gave this jacket to me and her second husband, my step-grandfather, was first generation from Sweden and his extended family is there, now I'm wondering if that could be its origin

I think you could be onto something there, it’s obviously well made and has age to it. A very brief image search on my phone comes up with nothing with regards the buttons but that means little, perhaps they bear makers marks to the rear?

I think you could be onto something there, it’s obviously well made and has age to it. A very brief image search on my phone comes up with nothing with regards the buttons but that means little, perhaps they bear makers marks to the rear?
Do you think it is Swedish? Did any results come up with those little pockets on the back?

Look at the back side of the buttons for any identifiers. Ya may need a magnifying glass, and set your camera on close up.funny, one side of the coat of arms on the buttons looks like Rodney and the twins.
I will take a closer look at the buttons the next time I am able to, right now a friend has it in temp controlled storage for me and sent me those last 3 photos