• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

GW Star pics

ZuZu

20240921_094220.jpg

20240921_094414.jpg

20240921_095742.jpg

Jennison

Gorgeous jacket! I hope I’m not tossing a grenade by asking this, but you seem like a self-avowed purist (I mean that as a compliment): do you insist on chrome-tanned leather for your A-2s? I don’t know much at all about tanning processes so forgive me if this is some sort of a don’t-go-there question.

ZuZu

Gorgeous jacket! I hope I’m not tossing a grenade by asking this, but you seem like a self-avowed purist (I mean that as a compliment): do you insist on chrome-tanned leather for your A-2s? I don’t know much at all about tanning processes so forgive me if this is some sort of a don’t-go-there question.
The chrome tanned Horween is probably closest but my insane brain was actuallt trying to replicate this Star:
20230731_210442 (3).jpg

If you watch 12 O'Clock High this Star is in it. It's brand new and the leather is sort of stiff- unusally IMO for WW2 jackets. There is grain in the close ups but from far back it looks like a modern repro! So I thought get a very specific Star refering to this one which looks like a repro. I told JC to use stiffish Shinki overdyed.

It is getting looser now as Shinki does in my experience.

This is what I wanted- John delivered!

20230623_171623.jpg

Members online

Latest posts