• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

FiveStar Leather Latest Updates 2021

leper-colony

Ah here is the old thread, it was hard to find: https://www.vintageleatherjackets.o...2-werber-leather-coat-co-contract-1729.26651/

Just this:

1719617089673.jpeg

1719617258803.jpeg

mulceber

Sweet lord a size 51 :eek:
I think there was just a handful of guys in that size out there in that period.
My pet hypothesis is that the early A-2s trended larger, since at the time the Air Corps was made up mostly of career officers in their 30s, rather than teenagers. Most of the surviving SAT jackets are size 46 and above, just like this Werber.

mulceber

I don’t think there’s any way to totally confirm that it’s a 1729 without the label, since Werber had a couple of other contracts from the same time that have never been seen “in the wild” (we know about them only because the contract data survives) and may have been more or less identical to the 1729. I suspect Shawn just said “meh, good enough for me.” Which, tbh, is what I’d do in his shoes as well.

Jennison

If that Werber is coming out in that color, with correct sewn-in collar clasps and a Hookless zipper (with C stops), I may have to pull the trigger on one!