• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Five Star Rough Wear 27752

ZuZu

Don’t get it …

Bottom line: tell @Shawn Ali and his dudes what you want and they do it!

Not satisfied with the width of the epaulets? Ask ‘em to make them more narrow and done deal …

The more details whatever you wanna get modified you provide - the smaller the chance you have to experience a negative surprise in the end
It's not a matter of "getting". it's a matter of odd sewing- weird seam allowance and off leather- usually too thick and even. Like I've said before- lost in translation. You could order a jacket eexact in all your measurements and details but it would never make you happy. IMO

Pa12

It's not a matter of "getting". it's a matter of odd sewing- weird seam allowance and off leather- usually too thick and even. Like I've said before- lost in translation. You could order a jacket eexact in all your measurements and details but it would never make you happy. IMO
Welllll, yes and no. For you and I and a few others we wouldn’t be happy. But I’ll bet there’s a lot of people out there who would be tickled pink with it and at a third the price of we have to pay to “satisfy “ our needs. I envy the guys who don’t sweat the details and haven’t succumbed to the obsession. And in reality, other than people on this forum, who is going to see the difference out in the world. What ever makes you happy is the way to go.

B-Man2

I’ve said this a hundred times but it seems like one more time is appropriate in this discussion (not an argument or conflict, just a differing opinion ). Of all the people in this world who wear a “Bomber Jacket”, 90% of them don’t even know the correct nomenclature of the jacket that they like wearing (A2 jacket). Of that 90% …. 95% of them couldn’t tell you the makers of an A2 jacket . ( OK bare with me because here’s where the math gets a little complicated ;))
Of all the people (100%) who wear A2 jackets about 1 % can tell the difference between makers , patterns , and the epaulettes and pocket flap designs between manufactures. (we as a group are part of this 1 %)
What the hell does all that really mean ??
Here it is in a nutshell ;
RULE #5

5. Regardless of how we as collectors view these jackets, most people can’t tell the difference between one A2 from another, so remember that, when deciding if you need the $1200 repro or the $500. one.

Just sayin ;)

Last edited:

ZuZu

I’ve said this a hundred times but it seems like one more time is appropriate in this discussion (not an argument or conflict, just a differing opinion ). Of all the people in this world who wear a “Bomber Jacket”, 90% of them don’t even know the correct nomenclature of the jacket that they like wearing (A2 jacket). Of that 90% …. 95% of them couldn’t tell you the makers of an A2 jacket . ( OK bare with me because here’s where the math gets a little complicated ;))
Of all the people (100%) who wear A2 jackets about 1 % can tell the difference between makers , patterns , and the epaulettes and pocket flap designs between manufactures. (we as a group are part of this 1 %)
What the hell does all that really mean ??
Here it is in a nutshell ;
RULE #5

5. Regardless of how we as collectors view these jackets, most people can’t tell the difference between one A2 from another, so remember that, when deciding if you need the $1200 repro or the $500. one.

Just sayin ;)
But if what you say is true why pay $450 for a weirdly made Dubow or Rough Wear when you can buy a quality Cooper or US Wings job made in USA? No- they (your rubes) do want what they think are "authentic" details and patterns. I'm sure that 99% of the Pakistani's business in leather jackets is common street clothes- not US military jackets. My dad used to buy leather crap from Pakistan when he travelled- well made perfunctory just plain jackets. So both customers buying these supposed copies of original A-2s and their lost in translation makers are trying to get some semblance of a good repro. If that's the case your rube is better off waiting to pounce on a used Eastman or GW! Or saving up for a quality repro!