• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

"Economic" vs "DE LUXE" ...

Thomas Koehle

guys this post is not about flight-jackets but i think it fits into anyway ...

talking about "economic" vs "expensive" is not limited to camo-uniforms but we come across such issues each and every day in all situations of our life

one of my pals runs a shop over here in Germany offering all kind of high-qual (or high-price) garment that represents sustainability, craftmanship and heritage

when i visited him last time some cammies in a tiger-stripe pattern but differently colored catched my eye and i decided to get them

when i arrived home and proudly showed it to me wife her comment was: another camo-jacket (yeah some women burts a bubble in seconds - but i think thats common experience of some other forum-members as well)

anyway i want to share some pics of my latest "chore jacket" made by the an italian company "Quartermaster" compared to some BDUs i got from our fellow @B-Man2 Burt

Some details first:
MATERIAL: BDU - ripstop / Tigerstripe - HBT
SIZE: BDU - L / Tigerstripe - XL
PRIZE: BDU 25.- / Tigerstripe 260.- (no joke)

4dQFKZv.jpg

1XCQalD.jpg

nTQya1T.jpg

My evaluation:
- the fit of the BDU suits me better than the Tigerstripe
- material of the Tigerstripe is preffered over the rip-stop of the BDU
- i like the tigerstripe-pattern over the standard desert-pattern of the BDU
- other than that no other remarkable differences but the price of being 10times higher

My Conclusion: "You get what you pay for!" does not always mean you get crappy stuff

Pilot

Well written Thomas, but IMHO, you compare two different things..
1) Burt‘s BDU which is a mass-produced but very rugged and functional item… and very nice and a high quality garment
… with a designer item
2) a pure designer and fictional „tiger strip“ fashion item, hence the 260,—

IMHO, a comparison with a low cost made in „ emerging countries „ fashion TS shirt would me a more fair comparison….
… and/or a comparison with a legit VN war issued TS fatigue shirt ( comparing with the TS 260 ,— shirt ) would also give another perspective…
Anyway, thanks for sharing…
„ Grüssgottle „ from Split.
IMG_1232.jpeg

Thomas Koehle

1) Burt‘s BDU which is a mass-produced but very rugged and functional item… and very nice and a high quality garment
… with a designer item

IMHO, a comparison with a low cost made in „ emerging countries „ fashion TS shirt would me a more fair comparison….
… and/or a comparison with a legit VN war issued TS fatigue shirt ( comparing with the TS 260 ,— shirt ) would also give another perspective…
„ Grüssgottle „ from Split.View attachment 153017

You got a point here Brice as usual!

It’s maybe a bit off to compare a mass-produced item manufactured for heavy use in combat with a more or less “fashion piece” which is “nice to have” …

Thanks for your input - that jacket you posted is WOW!!!

Pilot

You got a point here Brice as usual!

It’s maybe a bit off to compare a mass-produced item manufactured for heavy use in combat with a more or less “fashion piece” which is “nice to have” …

Thanks for your input - that jacket you posted is WOW!!!
Thanks Thomas
The Ebay jacket is not mine… just for reference…
Cheers

Shanghai-Mayne

… with a designer item

„ Grüssgottle „ from Split.View attachment 153017
Brice, it looks like the last generation of tiger stripe camo, introduced in just Before RVN been knocked out from history.