• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Darkening a leather jacket

Dodong Yer

It’s been quite a while since anything was posted in this thread, but based on another thread regarding Hartman Jackets I felt that posting this option here in the bargain basement was appropriate. I purchased this jacket a few years ago, it’s not an exact accurate repro but for the price of $277.00 I think that it’s worth a look. It’s here in this link .

It should be noted that I had to darken the jacket to get it to this color after I received it.
As always : Its your money ….. you make the call.
View attachment 140497
Hi there, I Am a rookie (newbie), question about how to darken a leather jacket. Thanks.

B-Man2

Hi there, I Am a rookie (newbie), question about how to darken a leather jacket. Thanks.
Hi
There are a couple of ways to darken a leather jacket , from using dyes, to using rub on color creams that will darken the jacket but they will eventually come off and lighten up a bit but will leave a little darker finish than you originally had .
Why not show us a photo of your jacket and tell us what you’d like to do . Then we can comment further.

Dodong Yer

Thank you very much for the quick response. I liked the color of your jacket that leads to ask the question. Sorry I don’t have a jacket to darken the color. I was just asking for some knowledge and hoping to use it in the future. Sorry if I offended someone that I’m in the wrong thread. Thank you again B-Man

lisarobbert

Hi
There are a couple of ways to darken a leather jacket , from using dyes, to using rub on color creams that will darken the jacket but they will eventually come off and lighten up a bit but will leave a little darker finish than you originally had .
Why not show us a photo of your jacket and tell us what you’d like to do . Then we can comment further.
I tried dying it but my jacket got ruined.

B-Man2

I tried dying it but my jacket got ruined.
There’s various steps that have to be performed to prevent that sort of thing. If you aren’t familiar with them, you should take your jacket to a professional leather shop to have it dyed.