• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Best photos of famous people wearing true vintage leather jackets (military, but not only)

Emchisti

If my failing memory serves me, was there 3 variants that the French used, straight front, scalloped and double breasted?
Two official variants 'Veston de Cuir Noir Modele 1920' which was the black leather double-breasted version that was intended for all troops working with Machinery such as tanks, cars, trains etc. The other was the 'Veston de Cuir Modele 1935, which is the one I have and was introduced in May 1935, specifically for tank and armoured car crews. There were quite a few different variations, as one would expect, although I'm not sure these extended to distinct patterns. Some sources state it's sheepskin but all the originals I've ever seen are presumably either Steer or Horse hide.