• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Aero leather - Jerky Horsehide upgrade worth it?

petermack09

Mine is over 10years old,,love it,gets better with every wear,,

Attachments

• 20240917_111352.jpg
    20240917_111352.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 49
  • 20240917_111332.jpg
    20240917_111332.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 47

petermack09

Thanks petermack09! I assume this is High Grain Jerky Horsehide in seal as well?
You're welcome, if I'm honest I can't remember. It's jerky for sure.Started off like cardboard and I thought what have I bought. It felt tight,restrictive and uncomfortable. It was made by Edith, who I believe made all of this contract. But within a short space of time just got better and better. A fantastic jacket that I love wearing, I thoroughly recommend it, I'm lucky that I'm able to visit Aero, so there's no mix up with measurements.

CombatWombat

I'm not a fan of "Jerky" on my Aero HWM.
It might age well if you have it in a brown colourway, in black it looks pretty crappy as in "wears in"
(My problem with it is that the wear-points fade weirdly and go grey rather than have a chocolate brown tone show through)

The other strange thing is I don't see Jerky HH being offered in black anymore, maybe because of the issue I've mentioned, making the long-term aesthetics impossible to maintain