• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Acres of Pant

Dany McDonald

Sorry Dany, missed this...

I'm not sure I can categorise their client base, I'm sure it's a pretty broad church that includes those you mention. I also see their heavy cords worn by those who demonstrate and work their heavy horses and vintage tractors as it used to be the kind of workwear worn by many agricultural workers up until the 50's - early 60's or so.

Ahh, no problem Steve.

So it sounds more opened than what I expected, think I get a good vibe from it. Niche market with a wide eclectic base, I dig that!

You guys are lucky, I am jealous.

Thanks,

D

coolhandluke

Appreciate the range of opinions I'm seeing here. Personally I think the high-rise pants of the WW2 era look cool. That said, wearing them that way for me is a pain - my natural waist is the same size (or maybe a little bigger, if I'm being honest) as my other torso measurements, so high-waisted trousers naturally want to slide back down to my hips.

I tend to agree with Chris - a nice mid-rise straight leg is my preference.

Same here Jan. I've often wondered how high waisted pants stayed in place, sans suspenders or braces. Especially on anyone with a non-flat belly. I'm pretty trim, but mine always creep downwards until they rest on my hips. I also don't really care for the feeling of having something constricting my lower stomach/ abdominal area.

Micawber

8951b378af75a2b516a140afc0a67eea.jpg

Micawber

Forget the trousers, damn nice Roller.

"Feet off the fucking dash Mr Hill, you weren't born in a bloody knocking shop"

Is sticking your size 10 platforms in not so tasteful silver on the dash worse than seeing if your young son would be a suitable replacement for the Spirit Of Ecstasy on your own Silver Shadow? :D

Feb 52.JPG

Smithy

Is sticking your size 10 platforms in not so tasteful silver on the dash worse than seeing if your young son would be a suitable replacement for the Spirit Of Ecstasy on your own Silver Shadow? :D

View attachment 163073

Nah, as cute as the little fella is, he's not as aerodynamic as the young, silver maiden ;)

Nice motor, my uncle had the Bentley version back in the 70s.

Micawber

Nah, as cute as the little fella is, he's not as aerodynamic as the young, silver maiden ;)

Nice motor, my uncle had the Bentley version back in the 70s.

That photo was years ago, he now looks down on me and pats me on the head, the cheeky git.