• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Acres of Pant

Dany McDonald

I have a couple of pairs of fishtail cords from Darcy Clothing but prefer the ones I have from Old Town Clothing not too far away from me in Holt, a town in north Norfolk. They are not cheap mind you and they are sticklers about their own patterns being their own designs and not slavishly copied from vintage examples. Their trousers and jackets are cut and made up in house.

Steve, this outfit looks like they are really devoted to keeping a certain era/style alive. This is new to me and I am impressed but not surprised it's from eccentric England.

Who are their clients, young hipsters, older nostalgic folks, unconventional everyday dresser?

Thank you for sharing.

D

Last edited:

Cocker

They can be, how shall I put it, a bit eccentric, old fashioned even.. I think their order books are always full so possibly they can't spare the time to deal with the additional admin demands caused by Brexit, but I'm guessing about that. I called into their place in Holt a couple of times and got a bit of a frosty reception as I had not made an appointment but I can cope with frosty especially after things warmed up after saying I had ordered from them previously. I enjoyed going through and selecting bargains from their made up stock rails which they have for the occasional pop up shop they did in London.
Yeah, I completely understand why they wouldn't be willing to deal with the hassle linked to the customs formalities and so on. I think I'll have a look at Revival Vintage's, as I'd really like ones with pleats.

B-Man2

Also agreed on this! Opinions are the basis for discussions, which are the basis for any forum.

That being said, count me in the proud costume folks group, as this was my outfit for work yesterday: Aero 42-18775-P A2, Bronson racing sweater and... WPG M37 wool trousers! :p

View attachment 162903
That’s a hit with me !!
The outfit looks great and the beard looks excellent .

ZuZu

All a moot point now! The young love the baggy look now. I see it everywhere. We're so out of it no one brought it up! Acres indeed!
#  SSWW.JPG

#     BV.JPG

Attachments

• download.png
    download.png
    471.9 KB · Views: 9