• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

A good deed ?

John Lever

We all like to find a sleeper on ebay or something listed at way below it's value. I found such a thing recently but on enquiry it transpired that the seller was selling an inherited item and has no knowledge of its worth.
The brother left 5 jackets to a sibling. One of them is a LW Anj4 size 44, I recognise the hide creases from one that I sold about 15 years ago. Unfortunately it has garish 'artwork' so the value is reduced considerably.
There are 5 jackets in the collection, all for sale. I don't know what some of them are, possibly civi Aero's.
Is anyone up for contributing advice on specifics and values ?
I have no interest in any of them but would like to think that when I go my wife or children would benefit from my collection.
I have images to post if members would like to help.

John Lever

LW Anj4 size 44
Screenshot_20240627_101804_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20240627_101752_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20240627_102608_eBay.jpg

Pilot

I think perhaps 500 gbp for the Anj4 ?
The 'Artwork ' reduces the value considerably IMO.
Thoughts ?
101% agree, so called nowadays „ art work“ ( some is art, other is far away from art ) mostly ruins the resell value of a jacket . Artwork, if not legit from WWII, Korea, VN etc..is surely a matter of personal private taste and is not easy to be accepted nor understood by others or the future potential buyers.

Southoftheborder

I sold a new unworn Aero Thunderbay on eBay about four months ago for £675. I got it in the sale at 25% off and It didn't really suit me. It was a 44 in Vicenza like this one and the more usual black. It sold fairly quickly but all jackets like this are a drug on the market in the UK at the moment.

Southoftheborder

So is one of the G1's a Gibson and Barnes ?
Any estimate of a value ?

I sold one of those on eBay for £130 this year. It was the side pocket version and I didn't see the pockets on the picture when I bought it for pretty much the same price. They aren't well known in the UK and don't fetch a lot.

Micawber

John Lever

I sold a new unworn Aero Thunderbay on eBay about four months ago for £675. I got it in the sale at 25% off and It didn't really suit me. It was a 44 in Vicenza like this one and the more usual black. It sold fairly quickly but all jackets like this are a drug on the market in the UK at the moment.
A drug ,in what way ?

John Lever

Just to say I am not acting as a broker,just for advice on values for them to sell
What would it be wortj on ebay
This Aero M-422a has a really cool AVG 1st Pursuit painting on the front left and a nice multi leather AVG shoulder patch too. I might be interested.
I am not acting as a broker just an advisor for the man to sell on ebay who inherited them and has no idea of their worth.
What should he try to sell it for ?

bseal

Just to say I am not acting as a broker,just for advice on values for them to sell
What would it be wortj on ebay

I am not acting as a broker just an advisor for the man to sell on ebay who inherited them and has no idea of their worth.
What should he try to sell it for ?
I'd like to see him get $1,245.