• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

BUZZ RICKSON A-2 AC16159 CONTRACT 44

ausreenactor

Following on from an agreement with Tianna-Marree a while back, I said I would start selling when the Aussie Dollar dropped below parity. Had some spare cash, and after I missed a ripper of a Werber, I lashed out on a BR N-1 and a BR A-2. With the dollar going back above parity I made the counter claim it is not wise to sell!! Lucky for me Australia had a good fortnight. This is my second BR A-2. Have had a sensational Seal twin label Rough Wear AC23380 for a couple of years now. This one fell into my lap in a way, but no complaints. Threw in the RMNZ (anybody remember them?) Dubow too for a colour/shade comparison. A little more gloss on the BR but the flash adds to it. Does not squeak/creak like the Seal 42. Not sure if this is an original Crown on this one? The fact that it is a pain to use would lead me to believe it is. The ELC repro is pretty easy to use. Went straight onto the hanger...like the rest. No GW comparisons please. I am well aware JCs A-2 jackets are without peer. Thought someone might like to take a look. Not many BRs around...in comparison that is..

PA150055.jpg

PA150056.jpg

PA150059.jpg

PA150065.jpg

PA150058.jpg

PA150062.jpg

PA150060.jpg

As an aside, I heard the producers of Red Tails were after BRs but they could not afford to kit out the cast, without using velcro squadron patches for different scenes! ;)

Couchy

ausreenactor

Shelby...the five year old!!

Oh..not allowed to have a fave child :oops:

I like the lighter finish of the pre-war RW contract. It is open to the maker's interpretation though. And it does not creak.
The Dubow fills the 101st Aiborne hole nicely. Old Murder Inc. is still in the bag too. That holds a bit of meaning with the
art and the story behind the real jacket. But that is one of those old smooth ELCs that nobody likes to talk about these days.
And awaiting payment from the recent eBay debacle over the ELC trial Warhorse House . Under bidder is happy with a reduced
price. So that one might be here for a while too?

The hide only has a few wear points and the knits are still tight...and no collar grime! No 'funk' and a welcome addition. The
intent of clearing the rack has been stifled by the AUD. The condition of the jacket must have been appropriate karma from the
PNG trip. Did not get to drink the beers that the maintainers and non-rostered aircrew had. Was 'postured' for the liaison role
at 5 mins notice to move. And heading into a High Commission smelling of the local brew is not a good impression. When I got
in at 2am I spied the box but there was something better to slip into...so to speak. :twisted:

I love the hides on these BR jackets...they smell great. And I am sure the GW ones smell a treat too.

Off to tuck kids into bed. And watch Windtalkers...USMC HBTs rocked up as well, along with an OOP What Price Glory Jungle Pack.
Please dont judge me....it's my thing. And Pacific theatre uniforms are about it during the build up..

Regards..

Couchy

Rutger

Couchy,

could you post measurements of that fine looking BR?

I wonder if this BR is true to size, or if it's like their nylon.

Rutger

ausreenactor

Biggun?

Chest is 24", shoulders - seam to seam 18 1/4 and sleeve is 32 1/4" from the collar seam around to end of wrist knit, with a 6 7/8" epp. Worn, it is a bigger jacket than the 46 RMNZ Dubow. The 42 is about as big as I need...And my BR Nylons, Cottons and Tankers are mostly 40s.

Couchy

ausreenactor

I had better start upping the reps on the circuits on Monday? Need to fill that cavity. Or sell it..... :(

Looks good hanging there though!! :)

Roughwear said:
The chest measurement is the same as my original RW 16159.

Does your original have a Talon or a Crown....or something else??

Couchy

ausreenactor

Very flash indeed. I hope these were 'stock' pics, and you did not gear up just for me...
BR missed the size label stitching.. Might be able to do some clever custom work.

Couchy

Persimmon

Roughwear said:

Great pictures Andrew

I do have to comment on that collar though.
For me its a jacket short of perfection with that terrible collar.
And at the backview the collar looks even worse.

Was that shape common for the contract.
It is the true clown collar sorry to say.

ausreenactor

Persimmon said:
Roughwear said:

Great pictures Andrew

I do have to comment on that collar though.
For me its a jacket short of perfection with that terrible collar.
And at the backview the collar looks even worse.

Was that shape common for the contract.
It is the true clown collar sorry to say.

Tough crowd tonight...

Roughwear

The jacket had been in storage for a long time and the collar has taken on an unfortunate shape compared with my other originals. These pics were taken in 2010 and the collar is sitting a little better now.

767fo

Andrew, I don't know how you can tolerate that collar. So I think you should sell it to me :D

ausreenactor

ausreenactor said:
Following on from an agreement with Tianna-Marree a while back, I said I would start selling when the Aussie Dollar dropped below parity. Thought someone might like to take a look. Not many BRs around...in comparison that is..

Couchy

Well...the Aussie Dollar has fallen below parity and Tianna has reminded me of my committment to moving the odd jacket. If anybody is interested in either a Buzz Rickson twin label Rough Wear in a 42 or a Buzz Rickson AC16159 in a 44 I am asking around $750 shipped Registered and Insured Airmail for either. I was thinking of trying eBay in my usual fashion; however, they suck arse. I can certainly do measurements and more pics..

Couchy

Rutger

If I hadn't bought the Kelso two months ago..... .
What are the measurements on the seal one?
If it hasn't sold in three months from now I'll buy the one that as for fit is the closest to the fit of BR nylon size 40/41.
I think the brown one will be just a little too large for me, as Buzz nylon size 40 is good for me, and size 42 is better with layering in the winter (and zipping up a bit more comfy due to tummy).