• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Yeah ….. This is a bit crazy !!

B-Man2

Think about what you could own for this price. A couple of originals, a couple of GWs or ELCs …. Or … you could own this !

Pa12

Pa12

No doubt. Some people judge quality by price and boast about it. While that’s usually true, to a point. And nowhere near “that” point.

Dumpster D

confused-no.gif

ButteMT61

RRL stuff is cool. It's well made, and it's often inspired by jackets we here love.
Their prices however are insane, and it's the lovely 10% at the top who buy it. And they do, year after year.
Who knows, if I pissed gold coins, maybe I would too.
As it is, I piss pennies, so no! :D

tibor

It does look nice… very well done distressing that looks reasonably natural. That said, oof. $2600. The other doubt is it will look like this if you don’t wear it too much, but looks like it will look like an old mall jacket in short order with regular wear. That finish will probably wear away quickly on the cowhide.

B-Man2

I’m wondering where this is made?
If I had to guess … it would be outside of the U.S. in a third world country with low labor costs and low overhead .

917_k

If I had to guess … it would be outside of the U.S. in a third world country with low labor costs and low overhead .

Yes, though they’re cheeky about it and simply state ‘imported’. RRL is basically Americana and military inspired clothing for wealthy posers. Makes you realise how reasonable the pricing is from Eastman etc.

£2000 for their A-1 style jacket:

entertainment

Some photos show a label and others don't!
When I was more into workwear, lots of people liked RRL. But most of it was made in China rather than Japan or the States.

entertainment

Yes, though they’re cheeky about it and simply state ‘imported’. RRL is basically Americana and military inspired clothing for wealthy posers. Makes you realise how reasonable the pricing is from Eastman etc.

£2000 for their A-1 style jacket:

I always found it incredibly ironic that RL was selling Americana that was almost never made in the USA.

MikeyB-17

Yeah but if you got that much money you probably won’t give a monkey’s whether it’s authentic or not. Again, this isn’t aimed at the likes of us. It’s for fashion victims who don’t care what they spend.
The other jackets on that page are quite intriguing. There’s a B-3 which has been customised with an extra pocket, and repair patches just like you see on old shearling jackets. They’ve obviously got access to originals. There’s another cloth job labelled ‘A-2’ which is a cross between an AL-1, a B-15 and I dunno what else. Interesting, just silly money.

mulceber

So …. The potential buyer is paying $2600.US for a Chinese repro G-1 or M-442a , that could be purchased from 5 Star or AVI for about $350.00 . That right there is reason enough to join VLJ and learn about repro jackets .
I can just see the sales pitch - "Join the VLJ, you'll save thousands of dollars on bad jackets...so that you can spend thousands of dollars on good ones!"

Shanghai-Mayne

If made in china, those skilled workers get good pay. Other workers who did Japanese outsource contracts get less pay (but still good). Japanese NHK made a documentary about the subject.