• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WW2 US Army Air Force Jacket B-15 Intermediate Size 44

Roughwear

tamoko said:
NO INTERNATIONAL SALES

I know some sellers have their reasons, such as keeping a historic jacket in the country of origin or because they have had problems selling overseas. However this approach is likely to keep a lid on the price. There is a strong market for original jackets in Japan.

Peter Graham

Roughwear said:
It does look to be in superb condition. I hope its not a repro being passed off as an original.
A closeup of the zipper should clear up any doubts but to me there's something suspect about the colour. There is a big contrast between the colour of the jacket and the knits. I've never seen a B-15 with such a contrast. I've owned an original Roughwear and the jacket and knits were exactly the same colour.

Clark J

Weren't the shoulder decals on originals silk screened on?The one on ebay looks like it's an iron type because of the shiny stuff around the letters!CJ.

jack aranda

Nice-looking jacket.

tcwu, whence cometh your "$1000?" I don't see that anywhere in the ebay posting. I see "$149.00", which seems pretty reasonable if this is what it claims to be.

jnlight75

It sure looks like the Buzz repro to me - same color on the mouton, same contrast between knits and shell, same decal. But who knows, maybe its the one Buzz copied... If it is the Buzz, there should be a tag in the pocket, so one could always ask.

havocpaul

tcwu, whence cometh your "$1000?" I don't see that anywhere in the ebay posting. I see "$149.00", which seems pretty reasonable if this is what it claims to be.[/quote]

I think he was guessing at what price it would end at. I personally wouldn't go that high even if it is 100% original but there have been some wild prices achieved recently that may have put up the expected prices, I see there is a less than top quality B-10 on eBay with a high BIN price no doubt influenced by recent trends...it'll all balance out eventually.

ausreenactor

Gents...

I just yanked out my BR RW B-15 size 40. There is a Produced by Buzz Rickson's tag in the left pocket at the seam where the OD and the white cord meet. There is a model tag in the inside pocket. Have just emailed the seller if there are "any tags or labels" in this area. If the seller says no, I am contemplating having a crack at it...Until it hits crazy money!!

Couchy

TankBuster

I think $1,000 for a original in this condition is not out of the
question. I however think it is a Buzz. I asked the seller quite
some time ago about the zip puller and the tag. No response.

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
tcwu said:
I don't know? The Japan bidder still can have some bid service here to bid the jacket for them.
(even the listing say oversea buyers welcome!)

I can't find that ....

NO INTERNATIONAL SALES- NO RETURNS REFUNDS OR PARTIAL REFUNDS

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
ausreenactor said:
This is where we enlist our International Men of Delivery...!!

_42721453_03_khartoum2_afp.jpg

TankBuster

Received a reply from the seller today. Tag in pocket reads reproduced by Buzz Rickson. Will be
relisted with appropriate info.
There ya have it. I'm not suprised at all. The knits and shade of the shell were a giveaway.
I still will watch it though. A size 44 Rickson B-15 would be nice, just depends on the length.
Their jackets are normally too short for me! :(

A

Anonymous

deeb7 said:
tcwu said:
I don't know? The Japan bidder still can have some bid service here to bid the jacket for them.
(even the listing say oversea buyers welcome!)

I can't find that ....

NO INTERNATIONAL SALES- NO RETURNS REFUNDS OR PARTIAL REFUNDS

This sellers statement does not hold water because if the buyer is not happy with the Items the seller will have to refund because pay pal will with draw the funds from his account .International sales you are not bound to sell to someone who wins from another country if you state this on your selling page .Also any negatives left by the International buyer will be removed by ebay and they will stand with you on this .I have had this happen to me on ebay and spoke with the ebay customer support personally .

All the best Jeff

ausreenactor

Gents..

Got this today..

"Hi,
We checked over the item and found a tag inside the zipper pocket area that says "Buzz Ricksons"- after viewing their website we realized this is a well made Japanese reproduction; The company focuses on the larger sizes for the American & European market. We pulled the jacket and will be relisting in the appropriate category. Sorry for the inconvenience. Thanks for your interest in our auctions!
Amy"

Enough said...

Couchy