• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WW2 A-2 Spiewak&Sons Near Mint Sz 40 5thAF

asiamiles

"The jacket is made of horsehide leather, which is durable leather."

Looks more like goatskin to me.

"This jacket has the original cuffs and waistband. Both are in near mint condition. Hardly any wear at all. One small area on a cuff shows some wear, see pictures."

One cuff looks shot to hell!

Roughwear

asiamiles said:
"The jacket is made of horsehide leather, which is durable leather."

Looks more like goatskin to me.

"This jacket has the original cuffs and waistband. Both are in near mint condition. Hardly any wear at all. One small area on a cuff shows some wear, see pictures."

One cuff looks shot to hell!

There have been several Spiewak jackets on Ebay recently and although this is probably the best the seller's claim its near mint is perhaps an over statement. Of course its goat as all issued Spiewak jackets are. The cuffs have damage as you say Miles, but nevertheless a very nice example. Destined for Japan?

havocpaul

A typical goatskin Spiewak but with good history and great insignia, no way 'mint'. I won't get into all that recession argument but quality will always sell.

bazelot

The recession is far from being over here in California. It is just started!!! the state is in cokmplete disarray and people are still loosing their jobs left and right. Case in point my wife.
Very nice jacket though.

Peter Graham

$2850 and counting. What is it about this jacket ? The photos aren't even that good. Am I the only one that thinks the sprayed stencil on the back looks a bit suspect ?