• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WPG Irvin

regius

Anyone with experiene with the "Irvin" Irvin jackets? They claim to be the licensee of this name. Compared with WPG.

flyboy

regius said:
Anyone with experiene with the "Irvin" Irvin jackets? They claim to be the licensee of this name. Compared with WPG.
I have owned both types of jackets. Not that I am an expert, but I do believe you get what you pay for.
The WPG is cheap. Feels cheap and - sometimes - they use "artificial leather" for tapes, belt etc
The buckle and the zippers are poor quality.
Having said that - the look of the jacket is pretty close to originals.

The "Irvin" Irvin from ALC is not very accurate - although they claim the license to the name, the sleeves are wrong (tunnel like) the zippers are wrong and the jacket is heavy and cumbersome. AND THEY HAVE SIDE POCKETS!!! (No pockets is optional)
But you do get a lot of very warm jacket!!!
I had one of their first jackets way back - and it felt much better than the one I bought 10 years later though. So if you could get your hands on an old one, I would try that. If accuracy isn't the case.

At one time I asked ALC to make me an Irvin - without pockets!!! - in the fleece they use for their so called "lightweight" jackets.
It felt much better and wasn't heavy! But still miles from an original - or ELC Irvin. Or even better: The Irvin from Aces High.