• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WOW! An Original Avirex Ltd. Edition for ONLY $1,299.99!!!

jack aranda

Ahem, Sideshow:
Please take note of the fact that Torrance is in SOUTHERN 'Kalyfornia', a different universe altogether from northern California. Lumping us together is like a telling a Scotsman how nice it must be to be part of England. There is an invisible line somewhere around San Luis Obispo that separates the two states of reality (or unreality, if you are south of the line). Many of us here in the north think it would be a splendid idea to divide California into two states, and let SoCal drift off. :lol:

fishmeok

"PLEASE SEE ALL PICTURES CAREFULLY TO UNDERSTAND AND FULLY APPRECIATE THIS PIECE OF GEM!!!"

'nuff said. ;)
Cheers
Mark

And yes Jack, I DO hold you personally responsible for all the crazy in California...

A

Anonymous

jack aranda said:
Ahem, Sideshow:
Please take note of the fact that Torrance is in SOUTHERN 'Kalyfornia', a different universe altogether from northern California. Lumping us together is like a telling a Scotsman how nice it must be to be part of England. There is an invisible line somewhere around San Luis Obispo that separates the two states of reality (or unreality, if you are south of the line). Many of us here in the north think it would be a splendid idea to divide California into two states, and let SoCal drift off. :lol:

Great Idea, we get sick of being lumped together with the fruits and nuts up north! ;)

jack aranda

Great Idea, we get sick of being lumped together with the fruits and nuts up north!

And, there you have it, sideshow: California state history in two short posts. Back now to the original topic of this thread--truly incredible! It is almost a spoof, except I'm sure the seller is serious.

I feel like I'm watching one of those Animal Planet stories where the crocodile is lying just below the surface at the water hole, and, oh, no! Here come the thirsty wildebeast! What will happen? :eek:

Stony

Please take note of the fact that Torrance is in SOUTHERN 'Kalyfornia', a different universe altogether from northern California.

Being from up north in Washington, I always consider "Northern California" the part north of the bay area to the Oregon border. I would consider the bay area more "central".

SuinBruin

Jack and wing nut illustrate perfectly why the UCLA-Cal matchups are always so bitterly contested. I may live in and enjoy NoCal, I may be married to a Cal alumna, but as a native of SoCal and 3rd generation UCLA alum, all I have to say is GO BRUINS.

P.S. While NoCal denizens feign disdain for all things SoCal, you should see the lines at In-N-Out Burger (the ultimate SoCal fast food) up here. They can't get enough of it. :lol:

jack aranda

This is great theatre! All you VLJ members from other stations in the cosmos are getting a terrific front-row seat to the peculiarities of life on the Left Coast. And, what wingnut, and SuinBruin and Stony have said in response to my beginning-to-regret-saying-anything comment is all part of the warp and woof of life here. A completely ungovernable dystopia, teetering between the San Andreas fault and the last drop of water in the Colorado River.

As for In-and-Out Burger, why, Suin, you refer to one of the Holy Shrines, a stop on the Great Pilgramage! The Secret Menu is talked about in hushed and reverent tones by all True Acolytes of Fries Animal Style! :lol:

Our Torrance seller is but a small player in the larger madhouse. :cool:

A

Anonymous

My comment is in jest to our neighbours up north, having lived both in the bay area and so cal.

The sad part is there are northern ca. types that are 100% serious about feeling superior to so cal.

Of course here in San Diego its "There is no intelligent life EAST of I-5"!

Agree about the lambskin jacket BTW. AND the importance of injesting an In-N-Out Burger at least once a week!

SuinBruin

This is great theatre! All you VLJ members from other stations in the cosmos are getting a terrific front-row seat to the peculiarities of life on the Left Coast. And, what wingnut, and SuinBruin and Stony have said in response to my beginning-to-regret-saying-anything comment is all part of the warp and woof of life here. A completely ungovernable dystopia, teetering between the San Andreas fault and the last drop of water in the Colorado River.

As for In-and-Out Burger, why, Suin, you refer to one of the Holy Shrines, a stop on the Great Pilgramage! The Secret Menu is talked about in hushed and reverent tones by all True Acolytes of Fries Animal Style!

Our Torrance seller is but a small player in the larger madhouse.
Preach it, brother. As a California native, all I can say is I love the whole damn state. (With a few exceptions in parts of the central valley, and of course that accursed football team and its affiliated learning institution in south central L.A. All right-thinking college football fans are united in their loathing for the ketchup and mustard colored Trojans of USC.)

And now back to your regularly scheduled jacket programming....

Stony

As for In-and-Out Burger, why, Suin, you refer to one of the Holy Shrines, a stop on the Great Pilgramage! The Secret Menu is talked about in hushed and reverent tones by all True Acolytes of Fries Animal Style!

I have eaten at "In-and-Out Burger" and I don't see the big deal. IMO, it tastes pretty much like Burger King.

Preach it, brother. As a California native, all I can say is I love the whole damn state. (With a few exceptions in parts of the central valley, and of course that accursed football team and its affiliated learning institution in south central L.A. All right-thinking college football fans are united in their loathing for the ketchup and mustard colored Trojans of USC.)

You mean the (3rd ranked) USC Trojans that the (0-12 last year) Washington Huskies beat last week? Twas a crying shame (not).

442RCT

Alas, I might have bid on that fabulous jacket myself, but for the fact that it's 2 sizes too big for me to wear...hmmm, I guess I could always buy it to display proudly next to my Jerome Urbaniak painted Aero. :roll:

Jest fer the record, I'm in northern California.... ;)