• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Work watch?

Stony

What would be a good watch that can take a beating I could wear around work? Nothing too fancy, but good looking and can take getting bounced off of metal and wood on a regular basis.

MikeyB-17

Casio G-Shock. Bulletproof, bombproof, waterproof. Not as cheap as they used to be but still reasonable. I used them at work (and for diving, where they used to take a right hammering on wrecks) for years, until we stopped wearing wristwatches for infection control. I'm wearing mine at the moment whilst my Speedmaster has a service.

Stony

Sounds like the G Shock is the general consensus, so I'll check them out. Thanks for the heads up. :D

dmar836

I have Citizen that I regularly snag and ding against things and it has lasted for about 14 years. It's stainless band also saved my wrist in a moto crash years back. It was about $400(a lot to know you will trach it, but not much considering an Omega) but has been a good watch.

Dave

derleicaman

Here's an idea. Replica Rolex Submariner. Looks the part, runs well and can take some abuse. Try perfect2clones.com. They have subs starting at $ 119. I picked up a Milgauss from another member here on VLJ and its great. I have a Steve McQueen Explorer II coming. I have several real Rolexes and they really can fool you! ;)

A

Anonymous

There is also the Seiko H558-5000, nicknamed the "Arnold", a modified version of which was worn by Arnold Schwarzenegger in the movie Commando. Here is a picture of the original watch:

50790905.Auction20050920002.jpg

Arnold also wore an unmolested version of the H558-5000 in the movie Predator, as seen clearly in this photo from that movie:

Predator3.jpg

interesting thread here
http://forums.watchuseek.com/f281/seiko ... 07229.html

Stony

I ended up getting the Gshock Mudman. Nice watch for what I was looking for and isn't heavy like a lot of watches I've been seeing come out these days. It will work well with my day to day job and also for umpiring softball.

atkins

Some says Mudman's button is a bit difficult to push, let us know your mini review soon Stony. Mine is a non solar DW290, still love it today and i hope Casio could re-release it someday with solar panel etc.

Stony

Some says Mudman's button is a bit difficult to push, let us know your mini review soon Stony. Mine is a non solar DW290, still love it today and i hope Casio could re-release it someday with solar panel etc.

Yes, for those with weak fingers, the buttons are a bit stiff, but I think they're made that way to take the abuse that the G shock is supposed to be known for.