• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Who’ll be the first to get one

Pa12

So….. let’s just look at this tat for a minute ….aside from its esthetic appearance which truly is an impressive artistic piece …. Is there any guy that we know who would even think about carrying this around on his body for the rest of his life ? … Just asking ..
I remember several years back when I was crazy into Harleys and owned a couple. I went to Bike Week in Daytona Beach Fl, and I was about 30 seconds from getting onto the table of a well known biker tattoo artist. I was a first time Cherry with no tats . I really wanted to get a special one that I liked and was just a little hesitant at the time. As I stood there waiting for my turn on the table, I overheard this hot chick behind me say to her boyfriend …” Why in the F—k would you want to put a picture on your body for the rest of your life….that you wouldn’t want hanging on the wall of your home ?”
It made me think about it for about 25 seconds and I wimped out and stepped out of line . I still think about it today….. because I still want that first tattoo . Crazy huh !
Go figure .
It’s never too late for that first one. And they’re pretty painless these days;)

Pa12

When I got mine at 16 I kept them hidden from my folks. First time my mum saw it she fainted ;) do I regret getting them? They don’t really bother me but if I had a do over I would probably just get one instead of 4.

B-Man2

When I got mine at 16 I kept them hidden from my folks. First time my mum saw it she fainted ;) do I regret getting them? They don’t really bother me but if I had a do over I would probably just get one instead of 4.
So … let’s see the keeper .:)

Pa12

So … let’s see the keeper .:)
Lucky for you it’s on my bicep;) from 1976 and a ton of sun exposure every year since.
2D38AFCB-458A-4111-A998-0DEFEED1B8B8.jpeg

B-Man2

So .. what do you guys think the “Rock” Dwayne Johnsons tats will look like when he’s 75 ?
83B3B3D7-27D9-4BA1-BE0B-70055D1DD935.jpeg

Pa12

Get one of those temporary ones they have now.
When I got mine, there were only two places you could go within 100 mile radius of Toronto. One in Toronto which had a reputation for blood poisoning, and an old guy in Cambridge who did it in his back shed. Things have sure changed.

johnwayne

Never been tempted since my late older brother got one at 16 - a crucifix tombstone with ‘in memory of mother’ on it! Given my Mum was still very much alive and only probably in her late 30’s she was not amused as you can imagine!! He did get plenty of stick in the ensuing years and always intended changing it but never did. The naivety of youth at its worse!!!

Pa12

Never been tempted since my late older brother got one at 16 - a crucifix tombstone with ‘in memory of mother’ on it! Given my Mum was still very much alive and only probably in her late 30’s she was not amused as you can imagine!! He did get plenty of stick in the ensuing years and always intended changing it but never did. The naivety of youth at its worse!!!
As I said, scars of my youth. As they say , youth is wasted on the young ;)
Even as stupid as my buddy and I were at 16 getting our first tattoo, he insisted on getting a big naked chick on his forearm. I was even smart enough at the time to tell him he’ll regret it. He did.

JonnyCrow

I got my first at 15, the old man nearly leathered me haha even though he had lots, gave me a bit of a cool factor at school though, not so with the teachers, told to cover it up in summer

JonnyCrow

As I said, scars of my youth. As they say , youth is wasted on the young ;)
Even as stupid as my buddy and I were at 16 getting our first tattoo, he insisted on getting a big naked chick on his forearm. I was even smart enough at the time to tell him he’ll regret it. He did.
Haha a naked chick :D ah the days of youth

MauldinFan

I've never even heard of such a technique to look like a patch. I'd imagine if the artists on Victory Drive in Columbus, GA could master it, they'd do a good business putting Ranger and Airborne tabs on soldiers' upper left shoulders.
Ironically, I used to be a tattoo artist for a short while, after getting done with Commercial Art school, but I never really understood the appeal and never wanted one for myself. Some refused to allow me to work on them because I didn't have any of my own.
Frankly, I'm NO fan of them.

caddyd

Tattoo's have come a long way. They started off as a custom in some countries, then sailor's, bikers and now anyone.

Pa12

Yes. They’re much less painful and better quality these days. But it’s a life long decision. Once you got it, you got it. I remember the old gummer that did mine in 1976 had a sign on the wall” all tattoos guaranteed for 99 years “;)

MauldinFan

They started off as a custom in some countries, then sailor's, bikers and now anyone.
Indeed. I recently found out an ex-girlfriend of mine now owns a tattoo removal clinic. She's doing very well removing them and told a mutual friend that her primary clients are women who regretted the ones they got in college and people in business who found out the hard way that there are lot of folks in charge don't like them (and don't promote those who have them).