• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Which jacket? Perry or Bronco goatskin?

chamboid

I am thinking about putting a deposit down on a GW, my first, I wan't it to be in goatskin, and a lighter shade. I am torn, totally between the Perry & Bronco? both have factors like, love the perry collar, think the Bronco's pockets are beautiful.

I am not adverse to a Dubow, but think I have narrowed it down to these two.

I know I don't have to make my mind up for about a year, so it will be a on going distraction...

I used to be indecisive, now I'm... deciding on a Goodwear

PaulGT3

You WONT be dissappointed!!! Probably the best outerwear decision you will make.
I have the Dubow, the Perry and the Star. I thought the Perry is a little plain compared
to the other two designs. But that depends on your style. I like the sharper collar corners
on the Dubow. I like the way the bronco has sharp collar corners AND the way the stitching
stands out in color. The Perry stitching is the same color as the goatskin. Both of them are
BEAUTIFUL SKINS!!! Just Gorgeous!!!
The Perry is what I call understated, which is the way some like it, and the other two are a
bit more flashy in an understated way. Whats cool about a Goodwear is that you know John made the coat.
Every bit of passion, determination and committment to accuracy goes into that jacket you get.
Its almost like getting a painting from a famous artist. No one else will have what you have.
If you have any more questions let me know!

Dr H

Forget the detailing for a moment, the more pertinent question is your frame.
The Bronco works best for wearers with more slender torsos. It's less forgiving than the Perry, which is more boxy and will cope with most body types.
On the other hand the Perry is relatively short - John can add a little of course, but he won't distort the pattern too much.

CBI

you will have PLENTY of time to decide. no need to choose your contract for months. the main thing is get in the cue!!!!!

chamboid

I have also spotted the strange Friedman contact on the new jackets page, what a strange design.

Did the Dubow 20960 come in goat as well?

My frame is slight, it would be a 36" chest, I am 5ft6 tall and have a 28" waist.

johnwayne

Gotta say good choice whichever! My GW Doniger in goat (that you saw outside Greenwich Park!) is poss the best thing I've ever owned (well maybe on a par with my '79 Fender Stratocaster) - I've said many times here how much I enjoy wearing it, more so than my original Dubow!! I like the Perry for totally opposite reasons to the Doniger or Dubow - the collar shapes make each that little different whereas a Bronco IMO is a more 'generic' A2.
Whatever, a GW won't disapoint and providing you stay your size will live with you forever I'm sure!!!
cheers
Wayne

chamboid

Cheer Wayne, thought about the Doniger, but not to sure about the point of the collar, or the embarrassment of bumping into you in Greenwhich wearing the same jacket

PaulGT3

Chambo,
the pilots in WW2 had little concern over wearing the same jacket as the next pilot.
In fact they wanted to be "Alike" I work here as a scientist at a Naval Facility.
Go to starbucks in the morning and see how many G-1s are in there at the same time.

Altho, I noticed that the majority of what I see in color movies that are period
it appears that most are HH.That could just be that, that what was available to Hollywood
back then.

chamboid

No I have no problem wearing the same jacket, just a joke, then only thing turns me off is how pointed the collar is.

Thing is I have a lost worlds Dubow and BK Roughwear, wanted something completely different from them.

Stef

Hi Chamboid,

I have ordered a HH Bronco and a Goat perry to John. they should be mine in April. I'll post pics, it may be helpfull to see the 2 jackets weared by the same person.

cheers