• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Which Fivestar hide should I choose for an A-2?

Hi!
I'm planning to order another A-2 jacket from Fivestar and I really can't make up my mind when it comes to choosing the hide (the authenticity when it comes to the combination of hide, contract and colour is not that important to me this time).
The colour should be dark seal brown, but which hide would be recommended? Their premium goatskin, steerhide or horsehide...?

Best regards,
S_P

flyincowboy

I can just say that i am happy with the steer hide by now. Mid brown colour was choosed for the Roughwear contract. love the leather very comfortable jacket supple leather might drape nicely... Waiting for some leather sample for the new horsehide Will be easier to choose the right colour. with day light instead of a computer screen Would like a United sheepline or Poughkeepsie /Star for the next one . ..

I can just say that i am happy with the steer hide by now. Mid brown colour was choosed for the Roughwear contract. love the leather very comfortable jacket supple leather might drape nicely... Waiting for some leather sample for the new horsehide Will be easier to choose the right colour. with day light instead of a computer screen Would like a United sheepline or Poughkeepsie /Star for the next one . ..
Thank you!
Steerhide sounds interesting! Would you describe its drape and character as more similar to horsehide than goatskin?

flyincowboy

The leather samples were just delivered and are so nice! will take some pictures and post them asap.

flyincowboy

Ok here we go some HH LEATHER SAMPLES

From left to right RUSSET BROWN Mid BROWN SEAL BROWN
THE TOP one is the shearling Seal brown in 10mm thickness wich wil be used for the B6.

HH sample.png

flyincowboy

To me the best looking colour is the Mid Brown then the Russet. The Seal brown is nice but look to dark From my point of vue.. but it is just my opinion... The thickness is at least 1mm2 Touching :the leather is SOFT and not to thick very supple , with some nice finish, not too shiny and the smell is leather no strong odor. Guess that for a new jacket i will go for such leather but have to choose the right colour MID BROWN VS//RUSSET