• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Which contract

A

Anonymous

Nice photo!
Anyone can guess which contract?

kyle20jrflightjacket.jpg

Roughwear

This one is not that easy to identify. It does not have a collar stand or ring snaps, which narrows it down a bit. The shape of the collar, rounded pockets corners, the shape of the epaulets, and nipple snaps, suggest a Dubow and most likely from the 27798 contract. Others may have other opinions.

dadgad

Roughwear said:
This one is not that easy to identify. It does not have a collar stand or ring snaps, which narrows it down a bit. The shape of the collar, rounded pockets corners, the shape of the epaulets, and nipple snaps, suggest a Dubow and most likely from the 27798 contract. Others may have other opinions.

another typical detail of Dubow patterns is the triangular shape of the stitching visible on the left side of the waist knit and the "V" shape of the bottom of the windflap well noticeable when the jacket is zipped/closed.

Roughwear

PLATON said:
maybe it is a Cable?

Yes it could be a Cable. Both Dubows and Cables often had the triangular reinforcement stitching on the left side of the waistbaand and it's clearly visible here. I wish I could see the pocket flaps properly to be sure.

A

Anonymous

I don't understand where is 'the "V" shape of the bottom of the windflap'

I don't see it. Could you pls elaborate?

Roughwear

It's a diagonal stitch line running from the leather to which the zipper is stitched through the waistband. Here's an example from a Dubow.

dubow_zip2.jpg