• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Where have all the purchases/reviews gone

Roughwear

Well said John. There are only a few original A2s that I'm after now and as originals in my size come up so rarely on Ebay these days it could be years before I find them!

CBI

Andrew - you have a terrific collection so I am sure your list of wants is very specific!

Roughwear

This is true about specific jackets John. Apart from up-grading which will prove very difficult there are only a very few A2s I would like to own in my size. I would like a decent Cable, Dubow and Werber in a size 44, and a G&F M422A in all original condition in a size 42 or 44. One can but dream! ;)

blackrat2

Well i think there is light at the end of the tunnel....spoken/emailed with JC this week....i was down for a Monarch since November but saw his Cooper and as such have changed my order.
When speaking with him the Cooper seems the better design...more comfortable shoulder shape along with more room in the top of the sleeves.
I will attempt a review when i have it in my hands....this jacket will replace my Seal Poughkeepsie, which i always felt was on the large size....that in turn replaced my Perry, which sadly i wish i had never gotten rid of!!!!.
The Cooper will be dark russet....with JC applying a light orange aniline over the pigment leather he has.

ScottoLaw

Hi Everybody,

Here are some pics of various jackets I have been trying the past several months. They are ELC, Gibson and Barnes, GreyCar RAF, GB, LW, and Goodwear Monarch. I have mostly followed along here on the forum and learned much from members. All of the jackets I tried were of amazing quality and worksmanship. But I felt the Eastmans and GW fit me the best. I can provide a more detail review if anyone has particular questions about a jacket. Hope you like the pics. The GW Monarch A2 was a tester for size. Waiting on a GW DuBow 20960. All went back except the ELC and RAF. I realize the RAF is not an authentic cut but I preferred to have more room than a trimmer fit.

Regards

match15024.jpg

match15022.jpg

MArch212011019.jpg

Feb26Downloads026.jpg

Feb26Downloads006.jpg

014-4.jpg

026-1.jpg

A2286.jpg

MArch212011020.jpg

April42011033-1.jpg

018-1.jpg

April42011024.jpg

CameraRoll239.jpg

ScottoLaw

Hey RC,

Glad I could add to the thread. Here is the order of the pics.

ELC M422a Size 42R
Gibson and Barnes M422a 42S
GreyCar RAF
Gibson and Barnes A2 42R
Gibson and Barnes M422a 42R
Lost worlds 44R
ELC G-1 42R
GW A2 Monarch. I think it was a 44R
GreyCar RAF
GreyCar RAF
ELC G-1
GreyCar RAF
GW Monarch A-2

RCSignals

Thanks that helps

which ELC and RAF did you keep?

The Lost worlds G-1 is a nice looking jacket but you need at least a size smaller.

Roughwear

Your GW Monarch looks particularly impressive. It would be great to see some more pics of this jacket, perhaps some close-up ones as well.

ScottoLaw

Thanks for the replies. This process has taken at least the past 6 months. I kept the ELC M422a and G-1. The LW was a solid well made jacket but was too big as pointed out. Regardless, I did find the leather on the LW slightly heavier feeling than what I preferred. The GW was impressive. Ill try and post another pic but it went back to GW. The skill and knowledge required of Mr. Chapman to be able to make each jacket by hand himself is remarkable. All the pics of the RAF are of the same jacket. It was a custom made so no return on that guy. The ELC G-1 in the box was a 44r and too big. That bad boy had to go back.

Regards