• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Whats up with this G-1?

Vcruiser

Fake mouton collar on a '50s G-1.
That's a new one on me. Thought that didn't happen until after '68.
Van

GoodTimesGone

Many potential ebay bidders are hesitant if the seller is located in Mexico.

Silver Surfer

i know the seller, and have dealt with him on several occasions. he is a straight shooter, though not super knowledgable about some of the the jackets he sells or buys. he has been collecting for some years now, and it would seem that he has been selling of many of his jackets. its sad that there are some who are predjudiced toward our friends south of the border. i reckon that some will see this as a buying opportunity.

Roughwear

I bought from him recently without any problems. Yes his jackets do tend to sell for less than similar ones in the USA.

GoodTimesGone

Some customers have one bad experience from a certain country and stereotype it. The jacket looks great, but I'm not sure it was a military issue G-1. Maybe a civilian version by Foster? The label picture is slightly blurry but I can't spot the contract year. Did Navy G-1s sometimes not have the year shown on the label of the '50s contracts?

Roughwear

Tom, this G1 is an issued jacket dating from 1955. This Foster Sportswear contract no. is N383S 22356A.