• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What jacket(s) are you wearing at the moment?

Thomas Koehle

got also the whole set but wearing everything together is a little bit too much for me.

I like to mix things up. I wear these light weight denim trousers during the summer a lot with just a shirt or a polo

Same here: i usually do not wear that whole set - it's simply a bit "over the top" and especially where i life - 600 mls from the next sea-port would be kinda odd to hang out in full Navy attire ...

Thomas Koehle

Very nice. The shirt's a nice shade. Wash the pants a few more times, maybe in a capful of bleach or color remover. It's the first thing I do after I've tried the fit and know it where it will shrink. Cold water if there's no room for shrinkage. Slowly, and gradually, not a big dump of bleach on the first go round. Saftly, saftly, catchy fadey. Then attack the jumper separately. I added a cigarette pocket on the left breast of mine, made from Salvation Army jeans. Not a match, not even close, clearly an afterthought. Like Ted Lawson, of the Doolittle Raiders, cutting up another A-2 and putting an extra pocket on the right breast.

Thanks for the hints John. I usually wear the pants for chores in the garden but never got them too dirty (maybe the garden is too small) - good idea to give jacket and pants different treatments otherwise they would look to uniform which is usually not what happens in real life ...

Your's look good with the additional pocket and i think it represents military life pretty realistic: even though military gear is usually pretty practical everyone will find some flaws to deal with and try to find his own solution (especially during war) so any "personalisation" makes sense ...

Brettafett

Martin Lane '69
thumbnail.png

Brettafett

Oh, I've been lucky enough to acquire a few since then.
This was the most recent refurb from Jules.
Was good to start, but we replaced the mouton, knits and gave it some all-over detailing & tlc. Its immaculate & minty-mint.
This ones going on Ebay, to fund the others.... A '68 ML and a '61 RE.