• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What jacket(s) are you wearing at the moment?

mulceber

It’s a two-jacket kind of day. Since it’s in the low 50s (~12 C to the rest of the world), it’s prime original weather: United Sheeplined A-2.
IMG_0057.jpeg

IMG_0058.jpeg

ZuZu

It's the most solid one in my collection. :) Believe it or not, it's a depot re-dye (albeit, one in a lighter color), and, contrary to what Gary says in his book about the re-dye process ruining the leather, if the re-dyeing it seems to have helped preserve the leather - or it was just really good leather to begin with, not sure which.
I had a redye Rough Wear which was plain old russet. The process they used as you say seemed to preserve the leather- it was very solid. I recently almost bought a very good condition original which was perfectly wearable but then remembering the Original A2 Disease which I have ( a virulent form of thread aware, zipper tape paranoid, leather scratch abhorrent OCD ) I decided to pass. There is a level of repros now which allow carefree jacketeering- I have a Star which is proof of that.