• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What is your favorite sheepskin jacket and why?

Falcon_52

I believe Stu's picture above is actually a B-1 - does that count as sheepskin since it is lined with it? :) If so, that's my favorite.

I think Tim P hit the nail on the head regarding the demise of the B-2. It probably takes 1.5 - 2 times as much labor to assemble so likely became unfeasible to keep producing in the mid 1930s. I'm sure that's why the Irvin jacket was conceived - similar design but simpler construction.

Sorry if I derailed the thread...

Noel

B-Man2

Having traveled quite a bit this year venturing into the extreme snow belt areas of the US , I can tell you the B3 and the Irvin are definitely the jackets that I want to have with me. However .......... I can also state that carrying them around crowded airports and trying to cram them into the overhead bins on a full flight are a major PIA. The B6 makes life a little easier and I think I'll be selling the heavy weights for a more compact B6 .

John Lever

Buaero m445; practical with the two pockets,warm because of the storm cuffs and full length zip,stylish because of the diamond arm patches and most of all subtle because of it's understated look and lack of fleece on the waist and cuffs. Yes I also like Irvin's and B3's but you do tend to stand out like a sore thumb in public.

John Lever said:
Buaero m445; practical with the two pockets,warm because of the storm cuffs and full length zip,stylish because of the diamond arm patches and most of all subtle because of it's understated look and lack of fleece on the waist and cuffs. Yes I also like Irvin's and B3's but you do tend to stand out like a sore thumb in public.
Irvins, and B-3'S Do have a distinct Bomber jacket look to them. Please excuse the term bomber jacket, just looking through the eyes of the general public.

omarco

For me it would have to be the classic B3, and I don't even own one..

The shorter fleece variants are more practical for me and of those I like the simplicity and style of the D1.

JDAM

Here's my favourite. Comfortable, practical, hard-wearing and a great social statement.

il_570xN.531619940_lve2.jpg

Peter Graham

John Lever said:
I also like Irvin's and B3's but you do tend to stand out like a sore thumb in public.
Not in a well worn original. Everything tends to be more muted. Less shiny hardware and more subtle fleece colour etc.

Clark J

My old Eastman Redskin D-1!! I have had this for well over a decade and still love it. I just wish it was 2 inches longer like the other Eastman D-1 I had.

ECKHARTUS

Clark J said:
My old Eastman Redskin D-1!! I have had this for well over a decade and still love it. I just wish it was 2 inches longer like the other Eastman D-1 I had.
Your old Eastman is just superb !
the d-1 is my favorite but i like the an-j-4 too. :lol:

FlyingYankee

That B-6 is really nice, I am trying to purchase a RMZ B-2 that I am interested to know how the b-2 compares to a B-3 or or a B-6. Anyone have the B-2 and like it.

Falcon_52

FlyingYankee said:
That B-6 is really nice, I am trying to purchase a RMZ B-2 that I am interested to know how the b-2 compares to a B-3 or or a B-6. Anyone have the B-2 and like it.
I have three B-2 jackets (including a Real McCoy version). I guess you could say I'm a fan. Comparing the RMNZ B-2 to my Eastman B-3 is difficult - they are so different.

The RMNZ horsehide is tough as nails and the wool lining is warm enough for < -20C with the belt cinched and the collar fastened. The B-3 has a slight edge in warmness (is that a word?). I've had many hours of wear time in each this miserable winter and I think it's just down to which one you are in the mood for.

That's just my 2 cents worth.

Noel