• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

VMSB 234 Patch

442RCT

This is one of the first patches I painted. Someone sold me a G-1 jacket with a bunch of patches on it, but there were a couple of blank spots where he'd removed some patches. I don't know what was on the jacket before, the guy was a patch collector and all he wanted were those couple of patches. The majority of the patches on the jacket were USMC, so I looked for something I liked, and when I saw this one in, "Hell Bent For Leather", page 123, I copied it. I sized the patch to cover the previous stitch holes.

This is one of my most comfortable jackets, it fits me like a well worn glove, and I wear it more than any other of my flight jackets. The patch has had close to 12 years of wear and I think it's showing a nice 'patina'. I used cheap acrylic paints, and I stress the word 'cheap'. I wasn't an artist and didn't know squat about painting or what materials I was supposed to use, I just did it.

DSCF0054.jpg

DSCF0053.jpg

deand

442RCT said:
This is one of the first patches I painted. Someone sold me a G-1 jacket with a bunch of patches on it, but there were a couple of blank spots where he'd removed some patches. I don't know what was on the jacket before, the guy was a patch collector and all he wanted were those couple of patches. The majority of the patches on the jacket were USMC, so I looked for something I liked, and when I saw this one in, "Hell Bent For Leather", page 123, I copied it. I sized the patch to cover the previous stitch holes.

This is one of my most comfortable jackets, it fits me like a well worn glove, and I wear it more than any other of my flight jackets. The patch has had close to 12 years of wear and I think it's showing a nice 'patina'. I used cheap acrylic paints, and I stress the word 'cheap'. I wasn't an artist and didn't know squat about painting or what materials I was supposed to use, I just did it.

DSCF0054.jpg

DSCF0053.jpg

Very nice! You do a great job!

dean