Vintage Jacket Identification

Discussion in 'Vintage' started by Spitfireace, Aug 20, 2017.

1. Ken at Aero Leather

Ken at Aero Leather Active Member

I've asked our despatch dept to check the rate when we collect on Aero's account. I know it'll be nothing like the prices you've been quoted................especially now I see you've asked for the price for a 3lbs parcel, it'll be a fair bit heavier than that

Last edited: Aug 25, 2017
  2. Ken at Aero Leather

It would also be much less if the jacket was packed fairly tightly in thick polythene (as opposed to a box) to reduce the size. Air shipping rates are largely calculated by size and it won't hurt the jacket to be tightly packed for a few days.

Anyone shipping a used jacket by a carrier should bear this in mind

Smithy likes this.
  3. Ken at Aero Leather

It'll cost roughly £40 to ship to Scotland if we arrange DHL collection.
    Please mail me on ken@aeroleatherclothing.com if you want any more info

4. tibor

tibor Active Member

So, Spitfireace, Maybe you could take a little drive cross the border and ship it from Blaine. The USPS is sometimes a little pricey, but more like $60-75 for something like that.

5. Smithy

Smithy Well-Known Member

I was flabbergasted by the quotes for postage from Canada to Scotland and actually went into the Canada Post site.

I came away with some very different quotes. I found that for a 60cm x 50cm x 10cm box weighing 5kg that the price was $99.61 for surface, $169.33 for what they call Xpresspost and $298.80 for "Priority". I think you might have done something wrong with the rate calculator!

If you're going to do it take up Ken's offer with DHL that's a very fair price.

6. Spitfireace

Spitfireace Member

Umm... well not sure if I did something incorrectly, but those are still not good rates. I wouldn't bother with surface it takes way too long. So the next best is $170 to get there? Still outrageous. I like Ken's price much better though, so I'm going to e-mail him at Aero and see how to set that up. Maybe we can get this thing figured out yet :) Not sure how your quotes came out lower.... but as I say not really acceptable anyhow. Canada Posts and Couriers shipping from Canada seem to have some of the highest rates, and I don't know how business can get done as far as people ordering from Canada if the rates are going to be that high. I don't ship myself usually, so I can't really say firsthand, but I have checked all I can find on the internet and it seems to be a general concensus of very high rates.

7. Spitfireace

Spitfireace Member

I did actually look at that, and it's something of a thing apparently. There's one guy in Ontario who had a book dealer business and ended up being a driver of books and other items across the border to be shipped out from the states. Actually you need a passport now to drive across the border from Canada and I don't have one at this time....since 911 they've gotten uptight. Used to be you could drive across with a BC driver's licence and pick up gas, and cheap cheese, chicken, and milk. And maybe a six pack of beer. Now, it's too much trouble.

8. Spitfireace

Spitfireace Member

Anal retetive
    or retentive?
    nope it is stupid.. bad rates, don't have that wrong dude
    by the way haven't seen Dunkirk

9. Spitfireace

Spitfireace Member

I was thinking ,,,B3 and Irvin, and B6

10. Spitfireace

Spitfireace Member

a friend gave it to me, cause he could'nt fit into it. So anyhoo now it's mine... to have the responsibilty for. We have a responsiblity to preserve the past......

11. Spitfireace

Spitfireace Member

if you ever seen the B6 it has small hand slash pockets

12. Spitfireace

Spitfireace Member

yes I"m sure