• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Vintage Blue Angels

YoungMedic

I believe this shot was taken at NAS Jacksonville back in the 40's, has some great jackets and patches

blue_angels_1952.jpg

the root link also has alot of great archived pictures

http://navypilotoverseas.wordpress.com/ ... y/panther/

That was back in the day when the Blues were Hell raisers. When I was stationed in Pensacola, my next door neighbor would tell be some good stories. He had grown up in Pensacola and he would tell me about how the Blue Angels used to tear the town up. Well, Trader Jons anyway. Now there is no way you could get into the Blues if you did stuff like that.

shedonwanna

unclegrumpy said:
Neat helmets too. The caption said 1952.....thanks to Stu!
2nd from the right is "Butch" Voris (correct me if I failed to recognize him) , flight leader with the first (1946) team. He was selected to form this 1952 team after the Korean war. Due to circumstances beyond my control I was not aware if the Blue Angels until 1959. Dad took me to see them fly at an airshow in Ft. Worth. Dad was a B-17 navigator and the 8th Air Force aircrews will always be first in my heart but the BlueAngels will be nearby. Somewhere deep in my closet is a box with autographs from one of those early Blue Angels teams. Wish someone had presented me with a camera on my birthday instead of Lincoln Logs!