• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Very good painter

PaulGT3

WOW, he can paint on the AAF roundels on the shoulder then age them? Like in his pic? cause that is amazing!!!

442RCT

Josh's Flight Jacket is a friend of mine and he's an excellent painter. He also works very fast. :D

art of a2

schnitzelprinz posted on 2nd Oct 2012 subject 'Painted flight jackets'. I said it then and I havn't changed my mind. This guy is 'top drawer'. The work suffers a little from being quick though IMO that is.. :)

a2jacketpatches

Well if you've got the time, you could stick with Jerome. But josh seems top notch to me and i don't see where the work suffers in the least bit.

EMBLEMHUNTER

Does he have a contact/e mail adress other than the "facebook" page , seeing as Facebook took a Big "hacking" I'd prefer not to even go into thier site , I'd like to ask him about a emblem he did of an Owl flying with a camera in it's talons and a lightning bolt behind it on round background, wondering if this was an actual unit/Sqd etc or just nose art ..............................
Johnny

a2jacketpatches

EMBLEMHUNTER said:
Does he have a contact/e mail adress other than the "facebook" page , seeing as Facebook took a Big "hacking" I'd prefer not to even go into thier site , I'd like to ask him about a emblem he did of an Owl flying with a camera in it's talons and a lightning bolt behind it on round background, wondering if this was an actual unit/Sqd etc or just nose art ..............................
Johnny
He's on here once in a while but gets most of his business through Paypal. I had his email but don't think I have it anymore, his name is Josh and i don't think you'll have to worry about being hacked if you just leave him a message at FB.

a2jacketpatches

a2jacketpatches said:
EMBLEMHUNTER said:
Johnny
He's on here once in a while but gets most of his business through Paypal. I had his email but don't think I have it anymore, his name is Josh and i don't think you'll have to worry about being hacked if you just leave him a message at FB.

Just noticed here that I say he gets most of his business through Paypal, I meant Facebook.

But yeah, this guy does excellent work and has a quick turnaround from what I hear. He bought a few wing / name tag combos from me and sent a link to his stuff. I like to promote the painters that shine a little, some times I think it's hard for the untrained eye to notice the little things that make an artist an artist.

EMBLEMHUNTER

Well , I Really hope he can get back on the VLJ and post a contact other than the facebook page one, I ahve a couple questiosn on some emblems he did that I would appreciate the background to as to unit etc ..........................
Johnny

sg1011

Wow, that's awesome work! Does paint on a jacket fade/wear nicer than a decal? For example the AAF wings on the HH sleeve of a B-3.

a2jacketpatches

I'd say the wear and tear of an original or repro decal looks like crap in general. And his rendition / style of aging paint in particular looks very appealing and realistic. But even some original period painted stuff looks bad, all depends on materials and technique used at the time I guess. Can't really be gauged on just paint vs. decal alone.