• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Very good book .........

Persimmon

Dave,
Thanks for the tip
Worth buying ?
When was it published ?
How many pages etc etc
There is not much in the description to go on Ebay
What about the sister book on the Liberator

Alan

Persimmon

David.
All questions answered.
Had a voucher to use on Amazon so bought the book and its sister and
cost me nothing.
I look forward to checking them out.
Thanks for the tip
And of course the initial lead.
Alan

Lignemaginot

I just sold a copy of it on ebay for the low low price of $0.50.

It's OK - interesting modern photos of the B-17. As for the "models"... seems like the guys who owned the stuff insisted that they be in the photos; would have been far better if they had got some skinny 18-20 year olds, rather than the 30-50 year old paunchy guys who are in there.

Here's a link to the auction, where I had some photos from inside the book, I think:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... K:MESOX:IT

Some additional info on the book. The author is a photographer who is/was from the Dayton area. He asked a local reenactor group to pose. The fellows in the pictures, one of which is a personal friend of mine, are from that group. Definitely not 18-20 year old guys, no, but nice photos of the aircraft and gear just the same, IMHO

havocpaul

Also in same series Mustang and Spitfire if I recall, second-hand copies are around for £5 - £7 at shows etc.

A

Anonymous

horseback leader said:
Some additional info on the book. The author is a photographer who is/was from the Dayton area. He asked a local reenactor group to pose. The fellows in the pictures, one of which is a personal friend of mine, are from that group. Definitely not 18-20 year old guys, no, but nice photos of the aircraft and gear just the same, IMHO

I'm pretty certain that if most of us were offered the same opportunity, we'd jump at the chance !

Dave