• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

velcro or not

marco77

Hello boys !!

I have a little problem ... I have 2 brand new cwu flight jacket , a 36 and a 45 .
After many hours on google , I really don't know what to do !!! I see that some pilot of usn sewn their patches directly on the jacket and some of them prefer pu patches on velcro .
What is the most current ? Is there a reg. about squadron patches on nomex flight jacket ?
Thanks for help !!!

El Marquitooooo !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

rich

watchmanjimg said:
I think Velcro-attached patches are by far the most common in actual military use.

Do you think aircrew would wish to de-badge their flying gear if flying operationally? If so, then velcro makes a lot of sense.
But I am speculating as usual.......

Jaydee

Velcro! It has advantages and is the norm for US Naval aviators. Also it's well within regs as long as the patches are in the proper position. All the guys I saw wear the patches operationally. In a bailout situation in hostile territory though, they would probably remove them (I would!) Probably the main advantage is that you can take the patches off when you clean your gear.
-Jay

usafwso

Velcro is the way to go. These days, most Air Force aircrew when flying do not have any unit patches on their velcro.