• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

USN Stencil for Navy M-422 jackets

Skip

Anyone know where one can get a USN stencil (iron on/ water transfer) for the back of an M-422 collar. Besides one offering on ebay there doesn't seem to be much around. Or is it better just to produce a template and paint on myself? Appreciate your thoughts, pros and cons.

This is for a project jacket in which i have a shell and nothing else, starting from scratch, I think it might be a Church.

Dr H

Hi Matt
I'd make up the stencil and paint it on - far more authentic and much greater control over the colour/consistency/'age'.
Additionally, the USN varied from one manufacturer to another so it would be better to produce one that is consistent with the pattern.
Good luck
Ian

Skip

Thanks Ian,
Had a think over it last night, and think your right. Painting is the go

PaulGT3

Yea I have a M-422 from Chappy and looking at the historical photos of the things the
stencils are all over the place as well as white and yellow. So do a little research and have
a go at it yourself. It will look better anyway.