• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

USAF Field Jacket Question

a2jacketpatches

Tim P said:
watchmanjimg said:
a2jacketpatches said:
For it to be reproduced in Japan and cost so much, I'll never let another original one go. I'll be grabbing any original 60's military jacket I find that's in tip top condition from now on regardless of size.

I can certainly appreciate the thought, but the following strikes me as the more likely outcome when selling these:

Atticus said:
With shipping included, I have about forty bucks invested in my jacket and liner. And its a size XL.

AF

I have several Mediums lying around and they've been passed over many times at an asking price of $15 or thereabouts. Getting back to the Japanese repro, it's beautifully made of course but I've never seen an original with a zipper or yellow hood. I'm suspicious that any were produced in this configuration as the later OG-107 examples seem to retain the original button closure. Can anyone out there state otherwise?

I share your skepticism

If you were stateside, I'd give you 20 bucks plus shipping as well.

a2jacketpatches

Just got 301.00 for the minty M-65 and listed another for a 250- buy now then changed it to an auction starting at 30.00. As I suspected and mentioned here, the second not minty but super condition hardly has watchers over the week end. Not saying it won't sell but just goes to show that minty is key with these or AF Flight Jackets. I Picked up a third M-65 yesterday for 10- in very good used condition with tags removed so I'm thinking much less desirable of the 3 I've picked in 3 weeks. But I'm sure it'll go for a bit sooner or later. As the mint ones run these will go up so I'll be grabbing any 60's cloth jackets that come along in mint to super condition without stains or damage if 20 bucks or under.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts