• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

US Army optional A-2 style leather jacket

CombatWombat

Wait..... you're telling me that the orange label Cooper's is better than something lol
I might have to apologize to my brother in law and take back the crap I've given him for years about his "balloon jacket" lol

CombatWombat

Excelled and Cockpit set the bar very, very low.
So low you can crawl over it?
I don't know if it's my brother in law's bodyshape or if it's just too big for him but the Cooper looks like one of those 80's "Zoot suit" jackets....or the Michelin Man....all weirdly wide shoulders and no taper from the shoulders to the waist

Ed Rooney

So low you can crawl over it?
I don't know if it's my brother in law's bodyshape or if it's just too big for him but the Cooper looks like one of those 80's "Zoot suit" jackets....or the Michelin Man....all weirdly wide shoulders and no taper from the shoulders to the waist

The original Cooper's, circa 1988-92, were much more trim. They got poofier in the 90s, likely a result of the poofy pirate sleeve craze started by Jerry Seinfeld.

CombatWombat

It honestly just looks terrible.... though whatever leather it's made from drapes quite strangely on the sleeves....yet the torso is stiff as a piece of tin sheet...almost like it's two different leathers they slapped together though I didn't mind the colour variation/depth it has compared to my Christie's one which seems to be a uniform dark chocolate