• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

unknown patch - someone with an idea ????????????

dujardin

Johnny send me this one

not sure what unit , but it could be a Combat Cargo or a Bombardment Sqd (B-24 were called flying boxcars).

Milton Caniff was a cartoonist for may years doing the Terry, and the pirates comic strip. I think he was around during WW2 through Korea. Could be a troop cargo transport squadron because of the box car, and the army guy.

EMBLEMHUNTER

The site I found this on has three versions of this emblem, slight variations as to boxing gloves and position etc , am hoping someone will recognize the unit .......................................

Thanks for posting the image Marcel !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MikeyB-17

Since it's a Red Star that's getting clobbered, I wonder if this is Korean War era rather than WWII?

EMBLEMHUNTER

I found it on the Ohio State University site ................
cartoons.osu.edu
under Billy Ireland Cartoon Library and museum

EMBLEMHUNTER

Here's how to find it , and there's three versions shown in the link , you have to go thru it as it's a big list of his art ,
cartoons.osu.edu
then click on Collections" then cartoon image database and on the "search bar" type in Caniff" and you 'll se a long list of his works , all three variations are on that listing ..................................

a2jacketpatches

Jeez Johnny, I swear if I ever make it to Florida.....I'm gonna corner you for a day, roll a fatty, and we're gonna drill some digital image skills into ya. :D

EMBLEMHUNTER

Hey A-2 Please do I need someone to show me how to do all the "tech" stuff, I'm Duhhhhhhhhhh when it comes to that side of it , no worries mate didn't take it wrong .............................

I'm totally self taught on my PC since I got it and am still learning ..................