• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Truly moronic bidding

ButteMT61

I was watching that one and wondered why it went up so fast with five+ days left.
Either a nOOb or a schill. Either way, ugh.

ausreenactor

Shill...

They generally are proportionate to the seller feedback.

Seller <500 - 1-10 for the shill
Seller <1000 - 10-20 for the shill
Seller >1000 - 25+ for the shill(s)

Most of the smart folk use their mates to bid it up..

Couchy

ButteMT61

And what a miracle - another bidder with a feedback of "1" just bumped it again - twice!
I'm thinking of contacting eBay about my suspicions with this guy. Has anyone ever done that?

A

Anonymous

ha ha
you think the feedback 1 guy is the seller?
give the feedback 1 guy a break

ButteMT61

Two bidders, low feedback? Not buyin' it. I've been buying and watching jackets for years, and never seen that one before...

A

Anonymous

Looks like we have another rookie with a one feedback that wants to be number one for the day. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

ButteMT61

Happy to report that the guy ("1") is on TFL now. Looks like he was just new, and got carried away. I'm not going to tell him he paid too much - 'cause really, he didn't if he likes the jacket and it fits him. Here's the thread where he comes out! :lol:
I feel a bit better - but the other new guy with "9" and less than 30 days, is now bidding on the McCoys too - and totally different sizes...either I'm gettin' paranoid, or something is off. Maybe paranoid - could be a collector or a flipper...

Jeff M

chitchat said:
711.00 in my humble opinion OVER SOLD.

Maybe.
But...don't see this makers jackets on eBay in this size that often....somebody new to the realm of A2's ....probably not all that bad.
Hoping the winner ends up very pleased with it.

archbury918

It was a case of an eager rookie bidder. Traded PM's on TFL. He got the Aero yesterday and seems pleased.
He is going after the McCoy if his funds hold out.
M