• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

TRIP TO SEE ELC

spurs

Next Friday going to see them to order a G-1 Time Worn does this process make that much diferance to the finish, feel and fit. I have a B-6 .50CAL and that did alter the fit. Thank you.

crazyace

Hi, As far as the time worn finish my ELC House had that applied and it did make the leather more supple and easier to wear.putting on feels like putting on a jacket you had been wearing for a few years.The finish and look of mine does not look at all like the time worn pictures ELC has on their site. The jacket shows a nice grain though. As far as fit I can`t really say.This is my first ELC. It did seem big for the 44 size. The sleeves also seemed large in diameter from the the upper forearms to the shoulder.I would not think though that this is from the time worn process. Just my 2 cents.-Rob

mindful

ive heard the g1 55j14 comes up a little small or should i say fitted like mine and the m442a is longer in the body and more roomy everywhere else. as for the timeworn effect have a look at my post it does have more of a worn look but still new it is a bit stiff but not as stiff as the normal Eastman leather jacket i do like the faded areas on the seems as well .

mindful

Roughwear

I would avoid buying an Eastman jacket which has been subjected to the TW process. Having owned TW jackets and compared the artificial wear with the survice wear to originals in my collection the TW process appears heavy handed. I would buy a non TW jacket and simply wear it!

mindful

i agree tw is not worth the extra cash when you can wear them in and get the authentic time worn look in 8 month you will notice they look even better like my Eastman house a2

Dani-B

Have a nice day at the ELC-Factory, Spurs - wish I could be there too. And I would choose a new jacket, not a TW treated one.
It's a great experience to see how a brand-new jacket changes to an authentic "custom worn-in" one only by wearing and using. It will become to be a part of you. TW treating can't do this.

Regards Dani

atkins

Spurs , i envy you! The fitting process, take a look in the mirror and deciding...wow. I agree with Roughwear, wear the hell of the G-1 till it shows patina. If allowed ,take pictures of ELC inside please.

Dr H

No...can't see the need for it (especially as it doesn't actually replicate the effects of wear/time).