• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Time Capsule Monarch M-445B

CBI

I am SO glad its too big for me!

Now that's an amazing jacket! Looks BRAND new ...................

B-Man2

I saw and touched this jacket last week. I have never seen anything that was an original issued Monarch that was this mint. The jacket is everything the owner says and more. It is without a doubt a museum piece.

B-Man2

If nothing else, it IS beautiful! I thought you gentlemen would enjoy it! It's pretty cool to be able to put NOS on a Jacket listing!

Roughwear

What a superb jacket, but there must be some mistake with the postage to the UK- $434.81!!!. You could almost fly to the states and collect it for that money. ;)

Well, Andrew, I guess that's just an added bonus! I've been explaining to everybody who's asked that I wanted to make sure to enter the dimensions of a box big enough to ship this thing flat, since it's obviously been stored that way for the last 70 years, I didn't feel that it would be good form to fold it up to ship it anywhere at the end of this auction. It may well be cheaper for me to drive out to the airport and put it on a specific flight for the ultimate winner (which I am perfectly happy to do for a jacket of this caliber and note!), but as I mentioned in the listing, I will work with the ultimate buyer to minimize shipping costs in any way possible once I know where its final owner resides. It seems odd that the postage estimators are showing such high pricing. We just received a bathroom mirror that weighed 25 lbs and was shipped in a box slightly bigger and in the same proportions that I estimated for this M445 and I'm sure that it didn't cost more than $25 for the shipping! I guess I'll have to figure something else out for this listing so that the shipping doesn't become quite so astronomical! :D :D :D

CBI

I would imagine shipping it in a large box, lightly folded would be fine. Its in good enough shape to handle it and any wear at all will give it creases.

I have had good luck shipping jackets lightly rolled and placed in a wide shipping tube. The large type used for limited edition prints and rolled canvas paintings/prints.

Or, someone buys it stateside and its a non-issue ;)

Thanks for the tips, John! I found a large flat box (the same box that the aforementioned mirror came in! God works in mysterious ways... :) ) which I have used to re-calculate shipping with, and it is not nearly as egregious to England as the first dimensions I used. It's only $61.55 for USPS Priority International to Europe. The first box's dimensions precluded shipping with Priority Mail for some reason. The only issue now is shipping insurance limits are all over the map depending upon the destination country. I'm going to try to find a private underwriter for the insurance portion. Or B-Man2 could simply win the auction and I could just drive the 20 minutes to hand deliver it to him, which is what I basically did when I personally showed him the jacket last week. Why couldn't all jacket collectors simply live in the same city?? Life would be so much easier! It wouldn't be Miami though. It would have to be more along the lines of Calgary or McMurdo Station. South Florida is entirely counterproductive with respect to owning jackets. I guess most people move down here to avoid having to use jackets ever again. Yesterday, I ran into a Finnish woman. Obviously she took a wrong turn somewhere about 10 years ago. I know that you can use jackets almost 8 months per year in Helsinki and almost 10 months per year in Laapland. What the heck would you ever want to come to South Florida for? :D :D :D